iphone activation issue

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
I bought the new iPhone 11 pro yesterday and swapped my sim from iPhone XS. Everything was fine. I did a reset on my xs and try to activate it. Y putting in the same sim. During the activation process it says

The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server

Called apple and they said everything seem to be ok on their side

I’m from Canada and career lock is no longer applicable here. Moreover the same sim worked till Friday. Haven’t called my Carrier yet.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I never saw that message, but things you might want to try:
  1. Restart the phone
  2. Activate through iTunes
  3. Restore and try again. Your OS might have some weirdness (unlikely).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought the new iPhone 11 pro yesterday and swapped my sim from iPhone XS. Everything was fine. I did a reset on my xs and try to activate it. Y putting in the same sim. During the activation process it says

The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server

Called apple and they said everything seem to be ok on their side

I’m from Canada and career lock is no longer applicable here. Moreover the same sim worked till Friday. Haven’t called my Carrier yet.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Did you for the new iPhone outright or are you on a payment plan? If the latter then Apple probably had it set for the new SIM card to activate. Insert the the SIM that came with the device to see if you’re able to get the device activated.

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
No payment plan. Bought it outright

Took it to apple store and they did restore using iTunes and a bunch of other stuff. No go

So they ended up sending it for repair. No one can figure it out what’s happening. So now I’m without my iPhone XS. Using the new iphone 11 pro which I may have to keep. Haven’t decided yet on whether to return it or not

7 days for the repair.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77