How much faster can it be over the X?

Maybe in benchmark tests it’s faster but I can’t see it being visually faster. Most times I don’t even see it happening on my X
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-12-2018 03:24 PM
    I don’t know about that, but we’ll find out soon enough.
    kataran and nikkisharif like this.
    09-12-2018 05:57 PM
    I’m intrigued by it...the demo was pretty darn fast!
    kataran likes this.
    09-12-2018 07:41 PM
    I’m intrigued by it...the demo was pretty darn fast!
    They showed it during the demo?
    09-12-2018 09:01 PM
    They did not. Which tells me that this "algorithm" thing they talked about is just the iOS 12 effect. If there was new Face ID hardware they would have spent time on it. Pretty disappointing because a wider-ranging Face ID would have pushed me to buy a Max.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-14-2018 02:31 PM
    They did not. Which tells me that this "algorithm" thing they talked about is just the iOS 12 effect. If there was new Face ID hardware they would have spent time on it. Pretty disappointing because a wider-ranging Face ID would have pushed me to buy a Max.
    Now that all their current models do face id, I have a feeling next year Face ID 2 will be one of the big selling points they'll use. I was hoping for further improvements this year but doubted we'd actually set it since they only have had one model phone out prior that had it.
    09-14-2018 06:51 PM
    Now that all their current models do face id, I have a feeling next year Face ID 2 will be one of the big selling points they'll use. I was hoping for further improvements this year but doubted we'd actually set it since they only have had one model phone out prior that had it.
    I thought the current models were that iPhones 7, 8, XR, and XS?
    09-14-2018 09:23 PM
    I thought the current models were that iPhones 7, 8, XR, and XS?
    I should have said all the latest models (XS, XS Max and XR). That's what I meant. Obviously they still sell the 7 and 8 but point was going forward they all will have face id. Last year they only had one model that did face id.
    09-14-2018 09:28 PM
    I should have said all the latest models (XS, XS Max and XR). That's what I meant. Obviously they still sell the 7 and 8 but point was going forward they all will have face id. Last year they only had one model that did face id.
    I understand. I remember reading earlier this year Tim Cook saying that Face ID is the future and no more Touch ID on phones. Makes sense.
    09-14-2018 11:43 PM
    Nope they didn’t! I was actually referring to how fast the apps and everything moved. My bad lol
    09-15-2018 11:57 AM