Faster Face ID

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
How much faster can it be over the X?

Maybe in benchmark tests it’s faster but I can’t see it being visually faster. Most times I don’t even see it happening on my X

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
They showed it during the demo?

They did not. Which tells me that this "algorithm" thing they talked about is just the iOS 12 effect. If there was new Face ID hardware they would have spent time on it. Pretty disappointing because a wider-ranging Face ID would have pushed me to buy a Max.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
They did not. Which tells me that this "algorithm" thing they talked about is just the iOS 12 effect. If there was new Face ID hardware they would have spent time on it. Pretty disappointing because a wider-ranging Face ID would have pushed me to buy a Max.

Now that all their current models do face id, I have a feeling next year Face ID 2 will be one of the big selling points they'll use. I was hoping for further improvements this year but doubted we'd actually set it since they only have had one model phone out prior that had it.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Now that all their current models do face id, I have a feeling next year Face ID 2 will be one of the big selling points they'll use. I was hoping for further improvements this year but doubted we'd actually set it since they only have had one model phone out prior that had it.

I thought the current models were that iPhones 7, 8, XR, and XS?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I thought the current models were that iPhones 7, 8, XR, and XS?

I should have said all the latest models (XS, XS Max and XR). That's what I meant. Obviously they still sell the 7 and 8 but point was going forward they all will have face id. Last year they only had one model that did face id.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I should have said all the latest models (XS, XS Max and XR). That's what I meant. Obviously they still sell the 7 and 8 but point was going forward they all will have face id. Last year they only had one model that did face id.

I understand. I remember reading earlier this year Tim Cook saying that Face ID is the future and no more Touch ID on phones. Makes sense.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2