83% battery capacity

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
That’s what I currently have but it seems my battery drains so fast. I’ve restarted my phone. Turned off notifications on stuff I don’t need them for. Just seems crazy how fast it goes down.

Anything I might be overlooking? I keep my screen dark so it’s not that either.

Does it mean even though it goes to 100% it really just will deplete faster.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Does it mean even though it goes to 100% it really just will deplete faster.
That’s what it means.

Simply put, when your battery is charged to 100% today, it’s at a level that would originally have been equivalent to 83%.

The battery capacity will degrade over time. It’s just the nature of the chemistry that’s in the battery. You can take steps to reduce the degradation speed, but you cannot eliminate it.

Apple publishes some tips on how to maximize your phone’s battery lifespan: https://www.apple.com/ca/batteries/maximizing-performance/#mn_p

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
That’s what it means.

Simply put, when your battery is charged to 100% today, it’s at a level that would originally have been equivalent to 83%.

The battery capacity will degrade over time. It’s just the nature of the chemistry that’s in the battery. You can take steps to reduce the degradation speed, but you cannot eliminate it.

Apple publishes some tips on how to maximize your phone’s battery lifespan: https://www.apple.com/ca/batteries/maximizing-performance/#mn_p

Yeah gets frustrating battery drops 10% in an hour of being in car and not using it for anything.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Put another way, your phone now charges to 100% of 83%, so it’s doing all it can at 83% ! If it’s any consolation, my XS got to 83% and stayed there for around a year, and has degraded much more slowly since then.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My 11 Pro Max is down to 86% but it still does what I need it to do. We may upgrade to the 14 later this year.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
My 11 Pro Max is down to 86% but it still does what I need it to do. We may upgrade to the 14 later this year.

Yes, I meant to add that while everything still works properly I’m not too worried about plugging the thing in more often, I don’t like it but the longer I keep the phone the cheaper it gets !

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I meant to add that while everything still works properly I’m not too worried about plugging the thing in more often, I don’t like it but the longer I keep the phone the cheaper it gets !

Yep, been like that for as long as I can remember.

Honestly the only reason I’m looking at the 14 later this year is for the camera. I think I’ve done all I can with the 11.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
At £69 ! not till it is starting to shut down in use !

To follow on my own post, I will remark again that, My XS quickly dropped to 83%, well inside my Apple cover, and deeply suspiciously did not move again until well after cover had expired !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2