Is there a way to receive iMessages via a web browser?

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
Does anyone know a way to receive iMessages within a browser? Currently my moto x has Motorola connect which I can get my text in my browser. I cannot have my phone with me all the time so being able to send/receive messages in the browser is a big plus. I would prefer to not have to use a 3rd party message app that would require me to get all my friends/family on when there all using iMessage.

Thanks,

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Recieve Text Messages within Browser

I don't know of a way to do that with iMessage.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
To get texts in a computer browser I used Google Voice. Any texts to my number would be sent to Google Voice which is accessible through a browser . Didn't matter if it was a iMessage which is just Apple Device to Apple Device.
Your Google Voice number has to be your phone number.
I stopped using Google Voice though once regular texts became possible on the Mac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Try pushbullet not sure if it works with I messages but it works with texts and its free

Posted via the iMore App for Android

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Try pushbullet not sure if it works with I messages but it works with texts and its free

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Pushbullet does not work with iMessage.

There are no web based ways to receive iMessages...but if you buy a Macbook, you'll get iMessage on your computer as well as your i-devices. It's one of the features I use most on my MBP.