What are you like when it comes to scratches, scuffs or marks on any of your devices, or their accessories?

I can be really nit picky when it comes to these things. Getting a scratch on a case's screen protector can bug me like crazy, and in my head I may even deem it unusable. But then again, if I have marks on the corners of my phone, but a case covers them? I can forget them really easily. It's weird, I know..

How about you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-27-2014 05:19 PM
    Of course, I prefer my device to be damage-free, however, minor war wounds here and there are acceptable to me in regard to my own device...
    ajl and AlexJ92 like this.
    07-27-2014 05:23 PM
    I don't worry about scuff marks on my case. I'm a little OCD about my phone.
    07-27-2014 05:24 PM
    Spend way to much not to use them, but prefer not to have them damaged.So I do what I can to protect.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    07-27-2014 05:39 PM
    I hate having scratches or anything on my devices. My rMini has a barely noticeable dent in the bezel, but it still drives me crazy just knowing it's there.

Another thing that bothers me are bubbles and dust under screen protectors. This drives me absolutely insane haha. I see some devices with huge bubbles under the screen protector and I wonder how the people can even stand to use them
    ajl and 3neekimmy like this.
    07-27-2014 05:39 PM
    Another thing that bothers me are bubbles and dust under screen protectors. This drives me absolutely insane haha. I see some devices with huge bubbles under the screen protector and I wonder how the people can even stand to use them
    My pet peeve as well, so I don't use screen protectors anymore. Lol

I am pretty paranoid about my devices but if it is scratches and scruffs acquired over normal usage I don't fret too much.
    Flow39 likes this.
    07-27-2014 05:43 PM
    Nothing bother me on my device except for the screen, I cant stand them. I always use screen protectors.
    07-27-2014 05:55 PM
    How many of you remedy your OCD by simply getting a new device? Or, how often do you upgrade to a new iPhone?
    07-27-2014 06:20 PM
    I always protect my devices. This way I guarantee my "happiness" with my device.

Sent from my iOS device using iMore Forums
    07-27-2014 06:24 PM
    The built in screen protector on my Otterbox Defender works great. It's flush with the phone's screen and I get very little dust and debris in between. I've only had to remove my case for cleaning twice since August if last year.
    ajl likes this.
    07-27-2014 06:38 PM
    I like to keep it factory fresh but don't sweat the small stuff after a good nights sleep it becomes the past. But so far so good with my 5s
    07-27-2014 07:47 PM
    How many of you remedy your OCD by simply getting a new device? Or, how often do you upgrade to a new iPhone?
    If my device gets a scratch or scuff I wouldn't run out and get a new device. I usually keep my devices until it's time to upgrade.
    ajl likes this.
    07-27-2014 08:03 PM
    I'm EXTREMELY OCD about scratches, nicks, marks.ect. on my phones as well as my cases. YES I know I need HELP. In the psat I have purchased a new device because of a scratch and thats why I always protect them to the MAX (screen protector, back protector (especially my 5s) and case)...SMILE
    3neekimmy likes this.
    07-27-2014 10:17 PM
    I'm EXTREMELY OCD about scratches, nicks, marks.ect. on my phones as well as my cases. YES I know I need HELP. In the psat I have purchased a new device because of a scratch and thats why I always protect them to the MAX (screen protector, back protector (especially my 5s) and case)...SMILE
    And do you plan on getting a 6? Or waiting, unless something happens?
    07-27-2014 10:40 PM
    My pet peeve as well, so I don't use screen protectors anymore. Lol

I am pretty paranoid about my devices but if it is scratches and scruffs acquired over normal usage I don't fret too much.
    I agree to i hate even though I spend money on cases and still get scuffs!!! Can't stand scratches I'm constant checking my phone
    07-28-2014 02:48 AM
    I don't worry about scuff marks on my case. I'm a little OCD about my phone.
    Exactly this for me too.
    07-28-2014 08:28 AM
    And do you plan on getting a 6? Or waiting, unless something happens?
    I'm undecided at the moment. I might wait for the iPhone 6s....MIGHT.
    07-28-2014 08:39 AM
    Im very ocd about my phone big time! Especially when they put a screen protector and there is dust behind the protector that irritates me and all i see that black small spot which is the dust, i have to take off the screen protector and get a new one, which right now I'm using the zagg glass which is the best I have used and has no specs at all

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    07-28-2014 09:08 AM
    I can be without a case, but a screen protector is a must!

07-28-2014 09:09 AM
    O M G!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so over the top OCD about my devices that they come out of the box and I INSTANTLY put a screen protector and a case. I have actually sworn off Otterbox because the exposed thingie in the back has left a minute scratch about as wide as a human hair on the Apple logo on the back of the device. I'M OBSESSED. It has GOT to stay pristine.

Even that little scratch now makes me feel almost dirty. Unkempt. Like a slob.

Oh and phones aren't the only thing I'm obsessed about. My mani/pedi lady KNOWS that I'm going to inspect EVERYTHING she does. And the woman who cuts my hair knows that I WILL MEASURE each side and the top AND THE BACK to make sure it's all even.

So.....ya.....I'm quite anal.
    ajl, donemt, 3neekimmy and 1 others like this.
    07-28-2014 12:01 PM
    I have a few scratches on my screen and it's driving me insane! I have just installed a screen protector (badly) and now there are bubbles on my screen! I don't know which is worse!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    07-28-2014 01:01 PM
    I have a few scratches on my screen and it's driving me insane! I have just installed a screen protector (badly) and now there are bubbles on my screen! I don't know which is worse!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    Bubbles will be the death of me..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-28-2014 01:56 PM

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    Both are worse for me hahaha

07-28-2014 05:28 PM
    I'm a little OCD about my phone. Last week I noticed the screen click on my phone so I took it to the Genius Bar. He reseated the screen, said it was bad engineering and that it's not hurting the functionality of the phone. He offered to replace the phone but I said don't bother. (SN: I didn't really like his service but that's another story.)

Anyway, the next day I noticed scratches on the aluminum part of my phone. After a few minutes, I decided I did want a new phone. I went back and got a replacement. Not for the screen but for the scratches.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    07-28-2014 09:21 PM
    I'm a little OCD about my phone. Last week I noticed the screen click on my phone so I took it to the Genius Bar. He reseated the screen, said it was bad engineering and that it's not hurting the functionality of the phone. He offered to replace the phone but I said don't bother. (SN: I didn't really like his service but that's another story.)

Anyway, the next day I noticed scratches on the aluminum part of my phone. After a few minutes, I decided I did want a new phone. I went back and got a replacement. Not for the screen but for the scratches.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    I would of got the new phone right away

07-28-2014 09:26 PM
70 123