Is there an app like Dropbox that's better or is Dropbox the best?

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Is there a online storage that's just as good as Dropbox or better? Or is Dropbox the best online storage ? What's y'all opinion ? What do y'all use ? I've been using Dropbox for almost 2 years and I got 75gb storage and I found it it ends soon because I got it from promotions that was going on during that time so I heard once it ends my files delete is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There are several cloud services available to you. Box, Google Drive, SkyDrive, are just a few off the top of my head, but Dropbox is probably the most popular and most widely supported, but I have no data to prove that claim. Personally, I have two of three I mentioned above, but Dropbox is the one I use on a regular basis.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I use Box and Dropbox. When your promotion ends with Dropbox all your files will still be there. They just will stop syncing. New files added to your Dropbox account just won't sync to other computers or be available online till you adjust your account.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I use Box and Dropbox. When your promotion ends with Dropbox all your files will still be there. They just will stop syncing. New files added to your Dropbox account just won't sync to other computers or be available online till you adjust your account.

Once the promotion ends will I still be able to take stuff from my Dropbox that's saved onto it? Or I won't be able to do that either ?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Open a Box account. You get 10 GB free. Whereas I think with Dropbox you only get 2GB.
According to the Dropbox site, files in your account in question will not be deleted you just won't be able to sync any more or share them. Move some files to a new free online site.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My support lies with Dropbox because there are many apps I use on a daily basis that dropbox integrates with and it works very well and have yet to have any trouble with it.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I use Dropbox and google drive. Very happy with them both, my google drive has 15gb free of charge and Dropbox only has 3.2gb.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
If you refer someone will the gb that you get for it expire in 2 years or it's permanent ?

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If you refer someone will the gb that you get for it expire in 2 years or it's permanent ?

Permanent. I gained an extra 1.2 gb from referrals and that was 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Farshid72

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I think i think that hotmail and microsoft have better cloudy option
Icloud is good and sky drive too

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I only use SkyDrive. I use Windows 8.1 on my PC and it's the de facto choice for cloud storage. It also doesn't hurt that I have a grandfathered 25GB plan since I've had the account forever.

It has Camera upload on iOS. The UI doesn't suck like Box's app, and the Account on a whole is used by me so I don't have to create yet another account for it like I would have to with Dropbox.

For people who have a Google Account then I can see how Drive could be in a similar position, especially if they use a Mac instead of a Windows 8.1 PC, but I've had a lot of trouble justifying creating yet another account and keeping it open for something like Cloud Storage when the PIM services I use come with a completely capable solution that I can use with the same log-in.

I certainly cannot see myself using a "combo" of 4 services, since they are so bad when it comes to shuttling data between them without resorting to yet another third party service/account to facilitate that... Lol My way these days is to keep as few accounts as possible, so the day before I got my iPhone I moved everything over to iCloud or Hotmail and deleted the Google account less than an hour after I got back, after making sure I had moved everything over :) I would go crazy trying to juggle so many accounts.

Last edited:

ekremk

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
dropbox!!! you can increase your space by some easy steps up to a level which I believe is adequette for a common user, for example I ve got 20 gb of unltd space which I got without paying any penny.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
dropbox!!! you can increase your space by some easy steps up to a level which I believe is adequette for a common user, for example I ve got 20 gb of unltd space which I got without paying any penny.

How you got that? I need more unlimited space

ekremk

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
16 gb by referrals, 1 gb by using mailbox app on ios and linking dropbox, 500 mb by uploading pics, rest is linking dropbox to twitter.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I got this a year ago but it doesn't say if it expires. Is it permanent ? Also this is the email from that day.
gevybaza.jpg

daryme2e.jpg

apple_power_user

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I use Dropbox, SkyDrive, and Box. Dropbox is my go-to. I use Flickr for my photos ? one TB of storage and automatic uploads from my iPhone.

Edit: clarification

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2