Doesn’t seem like 8 months

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking that it doesn’t seem like eight months since the XS was officially released. I have enjoyed using mine and it seems to get better with each update.

Normally by the end of the summer, I am usually ready to upgrade and start to get excited about the next latest and greatest model coming down the pipe.

But this year seems to be different and I am still enjoying using my XS. The only thing I have changed was I have been using the device naked for the last few months and my screen still looks like new.

Just thought I would start a thread and see if there are folks like me out there on the forums who feel the same as I do?

ab06deg1

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Sometime seems like yesterday, sometime like a lifetime ago I’m very happy with my Xs and, honestly, I don’t know what Apple can bring in fall to make me wanna upgrade the phone. I’m more excited about all new software, I don’t even read the rumors about new phones.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It definitely seems like 8 months for me. Battery (in typical apple fashion) has gone down the drain the last few months (and nothing has changed in apps/usage). Will be interesting to see how IOS 13 runs on it once they public beta launches. If the rumors of larger batteries in the new iphones end up being true, I may upgrade for that alone.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
It definitely seems like 8 months for me. Battery (in typical apple fashion) has gone down the drain the last few months (and nothing has changed in apps/usage). Will be interesting to see how IOS 13 runs on it once they public beta launches. If the rumors of larger batteries in the new iphones end up being true, I may upgrade for that alone.

Long time no chat! I recently got the XS and see even worse battery usage than my 14 month old X. I also have a Google pixel 3a that has been better in the battery life Dept than the XS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking that it doesn’t seem like eight months since the XS was officially released. I have enjoyed using mine and it seems to get better with each update.

Normally by the end of the summer, I am usually ready to upgrade and start to get excited about the next latest and greatest model coming down the pipe.

But this year seems to be different and I am still enjoying using my XS. The only thing I have changed was I have been using the device naked for the last few months and my screen still looks like new.

Just thought I would start a thread and see if there are folks like me out there on the forums who feel the same as I do?

That is how I feel about my iPhone X. This is the longest I’ve kept an iPhone and with the exception of wanting to buy an iPhone X🅁, I still don’t have the urge or have gotten to the point of being impatient for the upcoming iPhone models. I’m sure the numerous leaks over the years have played a role to some degree, but my iPhone X is still a beast of a phone.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have owned an XS for seven months, and my battery quality according to settings is down to 98%, I feel this to be acceptable so far, providing the loss does not accelerate too much it will last my projected life for the phone.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I have owned an XS for seven months, and my battery quality according to settings is down to 98%, I feel this to be acceptable so far, providing the loss does not accelerate too much it will last my projected life for the phone.

I’ve had my XS Max for 8 months and it’s still at 100. It’s battery has rarely been below 70% so that’s probably why.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
After 14 months I’m still very happy with my iPhone X and looking toward the iPhone 12 before I upgrade

I'm in the same boat with my 8+! Although I do get the itch when new phones are announced, the 12 is rumored to be amazing and we really don't even know much about the 11 yet! LOL!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Long time no chat! I recently got the XS and see even worse battery usage than my 14 month old X. I also have a Google pixel 3a that has been better in the battery life Dept than the XS.

Agree. The XS even from the start got worse battery life than my X did. It will be interesting to see if rumors are true about larger batteries going into the next iphone. I am seriously considering picking up the new XR when it is released if it does ship with a larger battery since that seems to be the only decent sized iphone that gets good battery life.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Agree. The XS even from the start got worse battery life than my X did. It will be interesting to see if rumors are true about larger batteries going into the next iphone. I am seriously considering picking up the new XR when it is released if it does ship with a larger battery since that seems to be the only decent sized iphone that gets good battery life.

You have a good point! And it will save you some $$$

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat with my 8+! Although I do get the itch when new phones are announced, the 12 is rumored to be amazing and we really don't even know much about the 11 yet! LOL!

Lol every iphone is rumored to be "amazing" with that being said, it is pretty well laid out what the 11 will look like (very similar to the current lineup but with a larger camera bump.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the Verizon iPhone upgrade program because I do like to get a new one every year.
My battery life is getting worse and I'm starting to miss the bigger phone. I'll definitely go for the max version this year.

coit2200

Aug 24, 2019
Visit site
I'm on the Verizon iPhone upgrade program because I do like to get a new one every year.
My battery life is getting worse and I'm starting to miss the bigger phone. I'll definitely go for the max version this year.

Just go to apple store and then get a new battery!

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Just go to apple store and then get a new battery!

I think the point Westiemom is trying to make is that she (I’m guessing she from the username >_<) wants an iPhone with a good battery life so that she doesn’t need to replace the battery every year for an additional $50 when her phone already cost so much. If the rumours are true, the iPhone 11 phones might be the first iPhones in several years to have long lasting battery lives (apart from Plus models)

Last edited:

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I think the point Westiemom is trying to make is that she (I’m guessing she from the username >_<) wants an iPhone with a good battery life so that she doesn’t need to replace the battery every year for an additional $50 when her phone already cost so much. If the rumours are true, the iPhone 11 phones might be the first iPhones in several years to have long lasting battery lives.

I have Never had to replaced my battery every year on my iPhone and I am a frequent daily user and the XR is said to have excellent battery life and my 8 plus has great battery life .

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I have Never had to replaced my battery every year on my iPhone and I am a frequent daily user and the XR is said to have excellent battery life and my 8 plus has great battery life .

My mistake...meant to type ‘except Plus models’.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77