Notifications

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I’m having an issue where my iPhone is not giving me notifications when I receive a text/iMessage. Sometimes my watch will pick it up. The only time I get the notification is when the screen is on. I noticed this today and can’t seem to fix it. I did a hard reset but that didn’t fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m having an issue where my iPhone is not giving me notifications when I receive a text/iMessage. Sometimes my watch will pick it up. The only time I get the notification is when the screen is on. I noticed this today and can’t seem to fix it. I did a hard reset but that didn’t fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Go to Settings > Notifications and see if it says Deliver Quietly or something else?
If deliver quietly, select the appropriate options how you want to be notified.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Go to Settings > Notifications and see if it says Deliver Quietly or something else?
If deliver quietly, select the appropriate options how you want to be notified.

Thank you for your reply. I have it as allow notifications. I get the banner now on my lock screen. And the only notification I get is off of my  watch. How do I change that to notify on both? This is driving me insane. I’ve checked everything. Now, I just received a text while my screen was open typing this. I got the audible notification. When screen is off it only chimes on my  Watch. I’m flummoxed

Thank you in advance.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You should play around with the Settings for Messages in the Watch app on your iPhone.
Set it to custom and enable and disable stuff until you get what you want.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you’re wearing an Watch that is paired with your iPhone, notifications will typically go to the Watch unless your iPhone’s display is active. That is by design. The intent is to not have to grab your iPhone.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
If you’re wearing an Watch that is paired with your iPhone, notifications will typically go to the Watch unless your iPhone’s display is active. That is by design. The intent is to not have to grab your iPhone.

Thanks. That makes so much sense. I guess I didn’t notice that until today when I had a gabillion things to do and was missing messages. Thank you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2