• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Speaker phone blown?

DominionRoofs

Oct 8, 2018
Visit site
Hey guys and gals. I just got my new XS max after being an Android user for years. I'm really enjoying the phone so far. It is however going to take some getting used to. I do have a concern that I hope someone could help with. I noticed that whenever on a speaker call, the speaker cracks almost like it's blown. Interesting, when I turn on music, even at high volume, it doesn't sound this way. Again this is my first day with the phone so plenty of time to trade in. I'm just not sure if I should or if this sounds normal to you all. I paid full price at the Apple store unlocked and it's a chunk of change.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn’t do anything like that. In fact this is probably the best sounding speaker on an iPhone. Could just be call quality.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is interesting since the sound doesn’t crack while listening to music. Having said that, do you have a case on the device? If so, how does it sound without the case? In addition, are the calls from the same caller or different callers? If from the same caller, it’s possible the problem resides on his or her end.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
My launch day Xs Max couldn’t make phone calls. They’d either fail when dialed or answered or after being on the call for a few seconds the person I was talking too sounded like a skipping record. Took it to Apple gave me a brand new one no questions asked, one of the many reasons I love Apple and their products.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I get that sometimes on my X crackling on speaker or regular phone, but I think it's network interference. I'm on AT&T and I noticed when this happens it's mostly from friends or coworkers from other network.

KingGrimlock

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I think I'm having a similar issue. Something seems to be off with my top speak, and I don't know if it's normal. Sometimes when I'm typing, the clicking sound of the keyboard will suddenly become loud and crackling. Sometimes when my phone rings, the vibration sounds like there's something loose in my phone (only happens when my screen is on and the call comes in). But I don't get any of these issues when I'm watching videos or playing music.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok