Does anyone else have to wake their iPhone XS Max in order for it to charge?

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
I believe it’s mentioned in the video. It may also have been answered in the thread but didn’t have time to read back. There is a setting in iOS 12 where after a certain period of time that a device is in “sleep mode” it turns off the lightning adapter. Seems completely ridiculous but this maybe the culprit for the issue. You put your phone down for a period of time with no use. It shuts off the port. You pick up and plug in your phone and nothing happens.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No, not to charge, but if I don't open the phone before connecting it to the car, carplay fails.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Damn the admin should of post of me now I have to do all the hard work all over I probs talk to one of them later tonight.

when I plug in my phone to charge it beep twice the charge noise it only happens once and it happen yesterday and today what can be the cause ?

Im using 29 w usb c to light.

Is this the bug that’s every one talking about ?

When you connect your iPhone to a fast charger, which you’re doing, it beeps twice to indicate that it is indeed fast charging. Your device is working absolutely as intended.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just returned from my Genius Bar appointment and the Apple Store employee told me it's not a hardware issue but a software issue that is known and will be patched "in a week or two". He said just keep turning on your display when you need to charge the phone up.
"My 512GB iPhone XS Max went back to Best Buy tonight. I felt really stupid paying $1,449 for an incremental upgrade to the iPhone X. Not only that, my 512GB Note 9 only cost me a little over $1,000 on Amazon. And for $1K I get so much more features on the Note 9 vs the XS Max."

Isn't that your post from another iMore thread? Why would you go to a Apple Store and Genius Bar appointment on Oct 1st with a Note 9 when you returned your Xs Max on Sept 28th?

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
No, not to charge, but if I don't open the phone before connecting it to the car, carplay fails.

This is an intentional security feature meant to keep someone from using USB devices to try and crack your phone. After an hour of the phone being idle you have to unlock in order to use USB Accessories. I’m pretty sure it’s what’s behind “charge gate.” It’s not supposed to happen with charging but it did with my 7 and does say in the notes that it can happen.

Under Face ID & Passcode if the switch looks like this that feature is on:
5189dfe5a507d289102db419d04e9dc3.jpg

If you want the feature off switch it so that it is green.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed the issue on mine yet. TBH it usually wakes itself up when I lift it to go and plug in the cord so that may be why lol.

bassjo

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I installed iOS 12.1 beta and now my phone starts to charge as soon as I put the cable in the port so it really seems like a software problem

Yep I can confirm the same. Did the update last night and today when heading to the gym I plugged into my truck and it started charging and apple car play right away.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just curious if all the naysayers and news articles that was so quick to inform the world about this problem has also let the world know that this issue has been fixed?

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if all the naysayers and news articles that was so quick to inform the world about this problem has also let the world know that this issue has been fixed?

The only one I’ve seen on YouTube is EverythingApplePro. He did a quick 12.0.1 update which included that but I haven’t seen anything in the headlines. Unfortunately the haters (unbox therapy) are gonna hate. Heck.... even iMore hasn’t posted an update on their site. (Edit: I just found it on iMore but it was mixed in toward the middle. You would think it would be up in the headlines)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2