Does anyone else have to wake their iPhone XS Max in order for it to charge?

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Lucky guys:) I have noticed this behavior a couple of times before that my phone would not charge at once. But after seeing the video I can reproduce it every time the phone sleeps.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope.

I thought I had this problem once and the. I realized that I had inserted the little thingamajiggie between the port and the case.

Otherwise than that night, nothing like this.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have not had the issue yet, but I know a couple who have had it or know someone who has it. iOS 12.1 does not appear to be a fix currently. So I’m unsure if it’s anything software related, unless Apple hadn’t known about this issue. We’ll have to see how it plays out.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I have not had the issue yet, but I know a couple who have had it or know someone who has it. iOS 12.1 does not appear to be a fix currently. So I’m unsure if it’s anything software related, unless Apple hadn’t known about this issue. We’ll have to see how it plays out.
I hope it is software and that Apple goes public about it quick if a fix is coming or if the hardware need to be replaced

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I don’t have the issue but it is concerning, BUT this is NOT new this has been happening since iOS 8/9.

We have:

Yellow gate- nothing new yellow tinted OLED/LCD screen
Beauty gate- aggressive blurring on front/rear cam
WiFi/LTE gate- not new, iPhone 7 had this issue with AT&T models
Charge gate - nothing new as well, started in iOS 8/9

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don’t have the issue but it is concerning, BUT this is NOT new this has been happening since iOS 8/9.

We have:

Humm, you forgot one. Rough metal/stainless steel rim gate...LOL

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

We have:

I have never had this charging issue on any iPhone before and I have owned every iPhone model released

gabbott

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
For those that say they don’t have the issue... have you tried locking the phone/turning the screen off and waiting at least a minute and then plugging in the charger without tapping on the screen or waking it in any way? That’s the only way I can duplicate the issue.

boogas8

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
My XS Max sometimes will disconnect and reconnect when it wakes from sleep. Just in case I compared the battery percentage each time to make sure it was charging.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2