Anybody getting an Xr?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I as well have decided to stick with my X until next year. My X is still working extremely well, battery health is great and I can't justify spending that amount of money to go for an XS. As you said, the depth effect on Google photos is a super nice addition to us X users!

The one thing I love on the XR is the portrait mode with the single lens....that is what I miss most, but I just couldn't stick to the device due to missing the OLED display and 3D touch on my X. The compromises were too great for me to get rid of.

How many Xr’s have you gone though now?

JSands1964

May 9, 2017
Visit site
I was hesitant to upgrade from my 7, but Black Friday got the better of me. I have been extremely happy with my 128GB Black! I was mostly worried about the lack of a home button, however I had completely forgotten about it after about 10 minutes. As for lack of 3D Touch, I don’t miss it one but. The only thing that I really used it for was the trackpad, but that was easily replaced with the long-hold of the space bar.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Agree completely! The LCD was never an issue for me. I said that the first time I had it. It’s great! Typing is definitely more comfortable than my 7 and the XS. The overall size is the biggest factor for me. I’m 5’6” so my hands aren’t big. Hopefully that is something I will be able to get used to.

It has been one week since I bought the XR and I still have it :) The only issue, and it has decreased over the week, is the size. There’s times I love it and then I pick up my 7 and think I should exchange it for the smaller XS because it’s much more comfortable to maneuver with one hand and overall more comfortable for me. I’ve resisted the switch so far... one week to go. I also miss 3D Touch as I use it a lot on the notification screen.

Other than that, I really like the phone.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
It has been one week since I bought the XR and I still have it :) The only issue, and it has decreased over the week, is the size. There’s times I love it and then I pick up my 7 and think I should exchange it for the smaller XS because it’s much more comfortable to maneuver with one hand and overall more comfortable for me. I’ve resisted the switch so far... one week to go. I also miss 3D Touch as I use it a lot on the notification screen.

Not a perfect fix, but I do remember seeing an article this week that states that haptic touch will function like 3d touch on the notifications in 12.1.1 so that may be an equalizer for you.

Edit with link to the article:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5mac.com/2018/11/08/iphone-xr-expand-notifications-haptic-touch/amp/

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

I wish you good luck with getting through week 2!

The feeling you have about the size is how I felt too when I had the Xr, since I also came from the 7 as well. I was talking myself in and out of keeping it, even using the Assistive Touch button. I didn't return mine until day 11. It's such a cool phone and I wrestled with that a lot. I went with an X because of size but I still have the accessories in case I decide to get the Xr again.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

The feeling you have about the size is how I felt too when I had the Xr, since I also came from the 7 as well. I was talking myself in and out of keeping it, even using the Assistive Touch button. I didn't return mine until day 11. It's such a cool phone and I wrestled with that a lot. I went with an X because of size but I still have the accessories in case I decide to get the Xr again.

Oh my!! That is too funny . I have certainly gone back and forth. Almost returned it a couple times but resisted. That’s probably not a good sign but we will see.

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site
I pulled the trigger... after having so many issues with the max, and playing with the xr I went with it instead of getting a 3rd max because of software issues. And so far so good. They didn’t have red or blue in stock in the 128gb variant so I went with white. And let me tell you I really like this device. It just fits right in the hands. And the screengate... whatever it’s more than comparable to other devices if not better.. it’s an apple. Apple builds quality devices meant to last. I even got a bogo and got one for my son who couldn’t be happier.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

Omg....I am contemplating it AGAIN. I actually am looking to buy one and stick with it this time!

3RD times a charm?????

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

I just got done picking up my daughters iPhone 8 from the Apple store that was sent in for repairs. Of course I had to stop and check out the XS. The size, the screen (so nice), and 3D Touch. Forgot in a week how convenient 3D Touch is anywhere on the keyboard. The internal battle continues...

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm probably going to play around with one tonight just because I'll be at Best Buy looking at some other stuff. I don't plan to get one still though.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I just got done picking up my daughters iPhone 8 from the Apple store that was sent in for repairs. Of course I had to stop and check out the XS. The size, the screen (so nice), and 3D Touch. Forgot in a week how convenient 3D Touch is anywhere on the keyboard. The internal battle continues...

That's been my struggle as well. I have the X now so the XS is basically the same exact thing. The OLED screen is just amazing. I mean the LCD is nice on the XR but it doesn't compare to the OLED on the XS. I do at times wish the XS was available in the 6.1" screen just because I feel a little crammed typing on the X. But, the overall size is great.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I am getting the XR specifically for the advanced color accuracy of the LCD screen. The only thing I will regret is no 3D Touch.

That to me it a bit of a deal breaker. I use it more than I thought I would.

The screen on the XR was a lot better than I thought it would be though. Impressive.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77