How to tell if Iphone is being tracked?

wiley67

Jun 7, 2019
Visit site
A family member has an Iphone X and is recently separated with an order of protection filed,she has noticed when out in public her ex,or one of his friends seems to always drive by where she is etc,,,is it possible he Iphone has had a locator app put on it or its being moniterored and how would you know or clear it?Thanks

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I would set the device up as new and change Apple ID password, add two step verification. Not sure if there’s a way to tell if it’s being tracked.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned above, starting fresh with a brand new Apple ID is recommended. I'd go one step further and create an entire brand new email address utilizing a unique password unknown or not easily guessed by anyone. If you create a new Apple ID using an email address the person you're worried about knows, and they either have access to or can easily gain access to that email address, there may still be some vulnerability there.

Start fresh top to bottom. Brand new email address, wipe the device, create a brand new Apple ID using that brand new email address.

As far as being able to tell if the phone is tracked, there really isn't a definitive way but you can access "Find My iPhone" and "Find My Friends" to see if your location is being broadcasted to any friends and family members.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned above, starting fresh with a brand new Apple ID is recommended. I'd go one step further and create an entire brand new email address utilizing a unique password unknown or not easily guessed by anyone. If you create a new Apple ID using an email address the person you're worried about knows, and they either have access to or can easily gain access to that email address, there may still be some vulnerability there.

Start fresh top to bottom. Brand new email address, wipe the device, create a brand new Apple ID using that brand new email address.

As far as being able to tell if the phone is tracked, there really isn't a definitive way but you can access "Find My iPhone" and "Find My Friends" to see if your location is being broadcasted to any friends and family members.

Outstanding reply!...

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
However, upon wiping said device, you will need the credentials that said device was set up with originally. If that was the current user then no problems there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diriment