Upgrading from iPhone 6

CudderJ

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask but did not see any wheres more fitting.

I am currently using an iPhone 6 that is starting to run into some issues (dies super quick, sometimes I lose control of the touch features, dies at 2-7%, etc.). I was looking into the new iPhones and cannot decide what I want to do.

Do you think its worth upgrading to an X, or should I try and XR or XS? Whats the advantages or disadvantages? I also even thought about just going for an 8.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

Any device you choose will be a substantial upgrade. The X is well worth it if your size conscious.

Seeing as you are upgrading from the 6 and not the plus then the Xr will be a jump in device size but if you want to keep the same form factor then the iPhone 8 would be the perfect upgrade.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Great thanks for the advice, I don't mind the size of the 6 but wouldn't mind it be a little bigger either.

If more screen Real estate is what your after then the X is a good choice due to edge to edge display but if you want over all device size then go to an Apple Retail Store and check out the Xr. You will get a little of both or I might say a lot.

CudderJ

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Visit site
Oh wow that battery deal is actually really cool. I will look into it a bit more and maybe see if I can get a few more months out of my phone to at least get me past the Christmas season so I can get some extra money saved up.

Also thanks for the buyer guide, will have to delve deeper into that if I don't decide to replace my battery for now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask but did not see any wheres more fitting.

I am currently using an iPhone 6 that is starting to run into some issues (dies super quick, sometimes I lose control of the touch features, dies at 2-7%, etc.). I was looking into the new iPhones and cannot decide what I want to do.

Do you think its worth upgrading to an X, or should I try and XR or XS? Whats the advantages or disadvantages? I also even thought about just going for an 8.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Unless the OLED display is a deal breaker for you, I recommend upgrading to the iPhone XR. It has the speed, power and camera of the X, XS and XS Max without the price.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2