I'm finding that the X with iOS 12 for me works so well now that I am really thinking I may sit this round of upgrades. The phone has been nothing but stellar, through and through, and the enhancements of iOS 12 really lifted it another few steps. I quite literally have no complaints about this phone any more.

Anyone share the same sentiment?
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-28-2018 01:36 AM
    I'm perfectly happy with my X and told myself I will not upgrade, but I think I say that most every year
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    07-28-2018 04:39 AM
    I’m perfectly happy with my X but, the thought of NOT upgrading has never crossed my mind. Lol
    Rob Phillips and nikkisharif like this.
    07-28-2018 05:05 AM
    It depends what Uncle Tim has for me this September. Since I got my X in November on release day under iPhone Upgrade Program I won’t be upgrading until at least November this year.
    mumfoau likes this.
    07-28-2018 06:15 AM
    I started buying outright so I’m on “Go” for the new one. Might look at the upgrade program this time.
    07-28-2018 08:38 AM
    I’ll be one of them. Two reasons, one is that I just re-contracted for the X on the 2nd day of launch so it’ll be another 24 mths and the other is that the X is a 10th anniversary iPhone so it’s somewhat a special edition.

Even when there’re new better models of the X this year, I’ll not be tempted to purchase it, even at full retail price.
    mumfoau and aximtreo like this.
    07-28-2018 08:49 AM
    the other is that the X is a 10th anniversary iPhone so it’s somewhat a special edition.
    And for that reason, I’ll most likely not sell the X to get the new one. But, I’m still getting the new one.
    LadiJae, MzDee, calebt and 1 others like this.
    07-28-2018 09:02 AM
    I'm finding that the X with iOS 12 for me works so well now that I am really thinking I may sit this round of upgrades. The phone has been nothing but stellar, through and through, and the enhancements of iOS 12 really lifted it another few steps. I quite literally have no complaints about this phone any more.

Anyone share the same sentiment?
    Yes, I am. Some of us echoed this same sentiment in a different thread. My current iPhone X is enjoyable to use. The rumored 6 ½ inch iPhone is not something I’m interested in nor am I interested in a 5.8” model. Still, there’s always a 1% chance I’ll upgrade.
    mumfoau and Speedygi like this.
    07-28-2018 09:10 AM
    My X is good as it is (even with my dislike for photo quality since iOS 10) ... Don't see the need to get a new device come September... All else fails I jump over to S8+ just to change it up occasionally.
    07-28-2018 11:45 AM
    I don’t think I will be upgrading.

I’ve got two major trips across the pond next year, one will be a month in Spain. I’ll be renting a house for the month.

So I’m going to be very frugal this year into next.
    mumfoau likes this.
    07-28-2018 12:02 PM
    Until the phone is announced, who knows.
    07-28-2018 12:06 PM
    Still, there’s always a 100% chance I’ll upgrade.
    Fixed that for you!
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    07-28-2018 12:15 PM
    Happy with the X but definitely want the bigger screen version.
    07-28-2018 12:36 PM
    Happy with the X and don't want a phone any bigger than it right now. Spent too many years with iPhone Plus phones and Samsung Notes. Got very tired of carrying around those size phones. My Note 8 has been sitting in my glove box for months for this very reason. Probably should sell it at this point.
    07-28-2018 02:46 PM
    It depends what Uncle Tim has for me this September. Since I got my X in November on release day under iPhone Upgrade Program I won’t be upgrading until at least November this year.
    Thought the same thing but we'll see. If there's no staggered release, I'll probably pay 2 payments and try to get whatever the next one is called. We'll see....
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-28-2018 03:28 PM
    Hmmm. At the moment I say I'm not upgrading, but I say that every year. And I upgrade every year. I am trying my hardest to get myself on a 2 yr upgrade though. It'll save me money, plus the upgrades will seem like a bigger deal if I wait 2 yrs.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-28-2018 03:34 PM
    Love my X. Bought 256GB so I’m in for the long haul.

Waiting on iOS 12 general release and Walla new phone
    07-28-2018 04:19 PM
    Fixed that for you!
    (Laughing)....Never say never, right?
    mumfoau likes this.
    07-28-2018 05:05 PM
    Happy with the X and don't want a phone any bigger than it right now. Spent too many years with iPhone Plus phones and Samsung Notes. Got very tired of carrying around those size phones. My Note 8 has been sitting in my glove box for months for this very reason. Probably should sell it at this point.
    That's my thinking too, don't want anything bigger.
    07-28-2018 05:26 PM
    Waiting on iOS 12 general release and Walla new phone
    The beta is excellent.
    kataran likes this.
    07-28-2018 05:27 PM
    At this point, I think the ONLY thing that could make me want to upgrade is /significantly/ better camera quality, battery life. I don’t think this year will be the year of major software enhancements to the new models. Then again, I don’t know what’s behind the doors at good ole Apple so it’s all up in the air for now.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-28-2018 05:35 PM
    At this point, I think the ONLY thing that could make me want to upgrade is /significantly/ better camera quality, battery life. I don’t think this year will be the year of major software enhancements to the new models. Then again, I don’t know what’s behind the doors at good ole Apple so it’s all up in the air for now.
    The X has a decent camera, but Apple really needs to step it up. Especially low/moderate light. Good lighting they're great, but even indoors during day time I get much better pics on my Android phone. And I'm pretty sure you're right. I don't see anything major coming to iOS 12 that won't come to the X.
    Mr Segundus and tr1ad like this.
    07-28-2018 08:54 PM
    The X has a decent camera, but Apple really needs to step it up. Especially low/moderate light. Good lighting they're great, but even indoors during day time I get much better pics on my Android phone. And I'm pretty sure you're right. I don't see anything major coming to iOS 12 that won't come to the X.
    I'll agree with you there...it's decent but there are other that are better..

Good example - beach weekend with the family, I took the X and the S8+ (no SIM) along ...
    Did a few comparison shots and decided to use the S8+ as a camera for the weekend.

I'm using the iOS 12 beta at the moment and not seeing anything that's a game changer
    07-28-2018 09:33 PM
    And for that reason, I’ll most likely not sell the X to get the new one. But, I’m still getting the new one.
    Good for you! The X itself (I bought the space gray, 256GB) already costs a lot of money and getting the newer, larger-screened version of it might cost even more. Besides, I'm still using my jet black 7 Plus with another cellular plan.

I'll only get next year's iPhone when I'm due for another re-contract, so will see what it brings then.
    mumfoau likes this.
    07-28-2018 10:15 PM
    I always say I want something with better low light but then again I don’t take a whole lot of low light pictures.

Then again, again. I might just take more if the pics turned out better.
    mumfoau likes this.
    07-28-2018 10:28 PM
58 123