Anyone perfectly happy with their X and not thinking to upgrade this September?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The photos on my iPhone X look only "meh" when compared to the photos to my Pixel 2 XL. The Pixel 2 XL has a single camera and can do bokeh better than the X. There's little-to-no noise in low light photos on the Pixel 2. Hopefully Apple will up their camera game this year.

Agreed. The X low light photos are trash. I did have a s9 Plus for awhile and that camera blew away the X in low light photos.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Love my X. Bought 256GB so I’m in for the long haul.

Waiting on iOS 12 general release and Walla new phone

Glad to see they are focused on performance and stability on iOS 12 but with that said, so far to me it’s not a real noticeable change. Maybe by release it will. Other than that, the features to iOS 12 feel very minimal compared to years past and it didn’t make my phone feel like a new phone at all.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I will upgrade if the rumors about dual sim are true . But only if it is available in the Oled versions mad not the simpler LCD version. Then I can put my work Android phone in the garbage bin :)

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Glad to see they are focused on performance and stability on iOS 12 but with that said, so far to me it’s not a real noticeable change. Maybe by release it will. Other than that, the features to iOS 12 feel very minimal compared to years past and it didn’t make my phone feel like a new phone at all.
I think that this is exactly the point. It's supposed to be a release that fixes a whole host of outstanding issues and polishes the OS to a stable platform. iOS 11 was such a mess. So far using iOS 12 feels like they're accomplishing what they set out to do. I don't need new features for the sake of features and at the expense of stability.

I will never get iPhones ever again because i still have reception issues and everytime i went to store or call them, they said Apple is not awared of this problem. Everybody else is fine with their A1901 and theres no problem with my softwares.

Btw Dejanh, have you ever get a response from Apple engineering?
No, nothing specific. I resolved one of my issues, which was the phone dropping LTE. the problem was with how the phone was registering to the network, namely it wasn't correctly setting the Attach APN. This caused constant dropouts and I think was an oversight on Apple's part when it came to compatibility with older plans on certain networks. I solved it with a custom profile. The other general reception issues remained, though they seem to have improved with latest releases. I don't have any particular issues in iOS 12.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm completely satisfied with my X for now. If I upgrade at this point it would only be because I want the latest and not necessarily the greatest. Even though I do miss the screen size of my 7 plus I'm going to stick with what I have.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I say it every year, I won’t upgrade, but I’m thinking that I may stick it out this year. I’m hoping iOS 12 will refresh the X for me. I usually do Beta but withheld to obtain the fresh phone feeling when it’s released.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a SIM Free X, and look forward to getting my wife an iPhone 8 Plus when the price drops as it typically does. This will hopefully allow me to sell my iPhone X and wait for the X Plus SiM Free (if not available at launch) by using her 6S Plus for a month or two. Otherwise the new larger size is more to my liking.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I get board of the OS besides that it's a great device no real issues. I also carry a Android device as my second device.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I say it every year, I won’t upgrade, but I’m thinking that I may stick it out this year. I’m hoping iOS 12 will refresh the X for me. I usually do Beta but withheld to obtain the fresh phone feeling when it’s released.

I ruined that moment with betas but as for my Series 3 watch, I refuse to but betas in that so I will get half the enjoyment of something fresh in September. Though I actually downgrade back to the previous iOS the night before the big release just so nothing beta related is on it.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As much as I want to. This year will be the first year since the 3GS I won’t get the new iPhone. Saving my money for my first Apple Watch this year with a hopeful refresh. Will await out a new phone next year.

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting the newest 5,8inch X1/X2 (or whatever they will name it)...
Coming from a 6S - that I got late 2015 -, so it should really be an interesting upgrade!!

• I only upgrade when I really feel that my current device is getting old... and my 6S served me well for nearly 3 years.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’m content with both my X & 8, so I doubt I’ll upgrade. This is actually the first year that I haven’t read rumors or anything about the new devices. I think I’m over it🤷🏾*♀️ I’ve finally found a combination of phones that work for me! Downsizing from the pluses was the best thing I could have done...definitely not going back to that size.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Happy with my iPhone X, sure, not planning on an upgrade in September, nope. I will likely get the X Plus version, more so for the larger screen, every time I use my wifes 6S Plus my X feels little. I do think the X Plus (or whatever it gets called) will be able to hold me over for a few years (hopefully) as I do not really see a need for a 3 lens solution and 5G well that needs to be worked out by the carriers and Apple will be LATE to the GAME AGAIN.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I was able to sell mine for 900 yesterday but. Not sure if I am going to get the newest in September yet. Currently using the Blackberry Key2 and love the physical keyboard really don't miss the X at all. I am really interested to see what Apple has up their sleeve this year to better wow it's followers.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Sold my X for $1100AUD a few days ago and picked up a 3 week old 864gb with AC+ for $750. Reasons.

Got out while some value in it will probably tank if new X is cheaper.
I hate FID and always did, useless in a car and is hit and miss in normal use too. No better on iOS 12.
It's not one handed compared to the 8 (yes i have big hands still not).
Horrible for watching video, its a cropper although mainly the Apps not properly suited. NOTCH.
Too heavy.
Was over priced shouldn't of bought one really.
Reception not as good as the 8.

It's fast fluid and a Great camera though.

With those dislikes not sure what i will do probably sticking with the 8 ;)

Last edited:

ssbtech

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
My X is my first iPhone and I have no intention of upgrading this year. Apple's incremental hardware upgrades mean little to me, and spending a whack of money on incremental (if any) software improvements doesn't interest me either.

If Apple gave serious thought to overhauling core components of the OS with feature improvements, then perhaps I'd upgrade. But using the same crappy keyboard, same crappy calendar, same crappy email, same crappy file system limitations is no reason to upgrade.

mlbrowninsc

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up a gently used X myself. It’s under warranty until dec 19 so I’ll stay put. Like others have said the small changes coming now make it hard to justify the large price every year.

I’m planning on adding the Apple Watch this year instead.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2