While I like the look of a naked X, my job makes it too great of a risk to do it. Being a truck driver, if anything happened to it, it’s too big of a hassle to get it fixed or replaced. Especially, out in the middle of nowhere. For peace of mind, I use the UAG Monarch case. I do also have a Spigen clear case when I’m at home.
    06-11-2018 02:29 PM
    I actually miss using my X without a case. It’s more convenient to have my X in an Apple Folio for easy access to my metrocard. Fumbling with a wallet is quite annoying when you’re in “go” mode.
    How do you like your folio case? I have had one in my hands a half dozen times and have not pulled the trigger. I really like the look of it. I have not really used one like it. How is it for making phone calls and taking pictures? Is it a pain or do you just get used to it?
    06-11-2018 03:54 PM
    I just took off my screen protector and going to keep the case on. Wish me luck!!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-26-2018 09:34 AM
    I just took off my screen protector and going to keep the case on. Wish me luck!!
    You can do it ...

My Tempered glass finally gave out with chips here and there ...and good ones are hard to come by in my country; fully naked until I reorder a Spigen screen protector
    11-26-2018 09:47 AM
    You’ll be just fine!! I don’t use screen protectors & my devices are good.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-26-2018 08:02 PM
    I switched to one of my Vera Bradley cases that has a little bit more lip since I took the screen protector off. I must say I do enjoy using the phone more without it.
    libra89 and currymvp3rd like this.
    11-26-2018 08:05 PM
    Yeah I think I am not able to have my iPhone naked with my work. I work in an office but also have to be on the floor to do some work. I also feel that with the iPhone X being all glass is slippery and have no grip making it a higher risk for making me drop it
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    05-19-2019 02:33 PM
    Did you ever drop the phone?
    08-01-2019 03:31 PM
    You’ll be just fine!! I don’t use screen protectors & my devices are good.
    Do you have kids?
    08-01-2019 03:32 PM
    Do you have kids?
    My kids are grown, but if I had little ones I still wouldn’t use a screen protector. It’s just my preference.
    Just_Me_D and parker5011 like this.
    08-02-2019 04:00 PM
    My kids are grown, but if I had little ones I still wouldn’t use a screen protector. It’s just my preference.
    Same here. Not using a screen protector or even a case is simply my preference and I’ve yet to damage any of my device. Damaging my device could happen at some point, but it still wouldn’t sway me to change...
    nikkisharif, pr1nce and scruffypig like this.
    08-02-2019 04:26 PM
    I recommend putting a skin on it. I skin all of my devices with the clear skins from bestskinsever. Now to preface this, I have years of experience doing so. It takes a significant amount of patience to apply the skin, as it is a wet install. Once its on though its transparent and gives the film an awesome grip. I put it on all of my computers too and have it on my 2017 MacBook Pro.

All three of the below phones have a skin on them, as I prefer carrying phones without a case. You cannot see the skin, but boy does it provide a lovely grip:

Attachment 123102

Incidentally, I have no affiliation with bestskinsever, I am just a huge fan of their product and have been for years.
    Do the skin give the phone that glossy look?
    08-02-2019 09:16 PM
    Do the skin give the phone that glossy look?
    Only if you want. They have both glossy and matte versions of their skins available.
    08-02-2019 10:06 PM
    I recommend putting a skin on it. I skin all of my devices with the clear skins from bestskinsever. Now to preface this, I have years of experience doing so. It takes a significant amount of patience to apply the skin, as it is a wet install. Once its on though its transparent and gives the film an awesome grip. I put it on all of my computers too and have it on my 2017 MacBook Pro.

All three of the below phones have a skin on them, as I prefer carrying phones without a case. You cannot see the skin, but boy does it provide a lovely grip:

Attachment 123102

Incidentally, I have no affiliation with bestskinsever, I am just a huge fan of their product and have been for years.
    I like this. I did this type of skin protection with my Gold 5s using a Zagg product. The clear skin was also thin enough for me to use a case when needed.
    08-03-2019 11:17 AM
    I like this. I did this type of skin protection with my Gold 5s using a Zagg product. The clear skin was also thin enough for me to use a case when needed.
    Yes. You can use a case with them as well.
    08-03-2019 11:45 AM
    I think I’m going to try this and see how I like it. I deliver mail, so I’ll use a case while at work and take it off when I get off.
    08-03-2019 08:52 PM
    Same here. Not using a screen protector or even a case is simply my preference and I’ve yet to damage any of my device. Damaging my device could happen at some point, but it still wouldn’t sway me to change...
    You must have the Apple Care
    08-31-2019 12:49 AM
    I have mine without a case and it constantly slips and falls. from my pocket into my car, from the wireless charger from the table. i buy cases from time to time but my preference is simply without a case. it feels better. Oddly enough I have a case for my ipad though
    09-15-2019 07:39 PM
    Caseless since a month post launch.

I’ve dropped it. A lot. First phone I’ve ever dropped so much. It only broke once - the back glass after sailing about four feet across my office and landing on ceramic tile. First time I ever burnt an AppleCare replacement lol.

It has a couple of very deep scratches on the screen from my kittens knocking it off the table and it landed on some grit on the floor when it skidded (yay Canadian winters) and the battery isn’t the best - so I’ll get it swapped out before AppleCare runs out and I’m not sure if I’m keeping it or selling it.
    09-16-2019 05:29 AM
44 12