Wife dropped her X

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Screen is unresponsive. I tried shut down and reboot. Forced restart and restore from itunes. Screen won’t do anything. We can’t swipe to open and it gets really hot and kills the battery in a few hours. Looks like a trip to Apple for us.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Making a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store is the route to take. With that in mind, if you purchased Apple Care Plus then now would be a good time to use it.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Screen is unresponsive. I tried shut down and reboot. Forced restart and restore from itunes. Screen won’t do anything. We can’t swipe to open and it gets really hot and kills the battery in a few hours. Looks like a trip to Apple for us.

Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that. Hope you have apple care plus and can get it fixed or replaced.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Just have to say - make the appointment, but my closest Apple Store's earliest appointment is now five days from now (Friday). If yours is the same, I'll say that I was told once by employees that if you show up when they open, it may be possible to squeeze you in if people don't show up for early appointments, etc. I'm not sure if it's the same at all Apple Stores, but I always have that in mind.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
She says it landed face up also.

Yea the cases can do wonders for the exterior of our devices but there are still internal components that can be knocked out of wack with the wrong drop. Apple is usually great so I’m sure they will take care of you. Good luck!

Andrew Clark1

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
Last night I got mad cause the I was typing a long message on fb and it glitched and just shut fb off so I threw it at the wall. Haha. Yes I’m stupid. I have a impact case on it it put a hole it the wall but nothing happened to the phone :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2