Can you overcharge

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I have wireless charger dock in car,I am having CarPlay radio fitted ,if I dock my phone on wireless charger then connect lightning cable from CarPlay that also charges what will happen ?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You can’t overcharge. Worst you can do is shorten the life span of the battery a little quicker. The good news is that wireless charging is slower so your phone isn’t getting as much power fed into it and the effects will be minimal. iPhones have about 80% of the total battery life after two years.

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Maybe having a lightning cable plugged into the phone disables wireless charging.. Just a THOUGHT though.

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Maybe having a lightning cable plugged into the phone disables wireless charging.. Just a guess though.

When it comes to a 1000 dollar device, I don’t like guessing.
I’d rather be 100 % sure, than rather guessing and end up frying my device.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
As long as you are charing your phone using one single method you cannot overcharge the battery in your idevices. Once the charge reaches 100% the battery stops charging. You can prolong the battery life by using the proper charging method as outlined by Apple.

Fore more information on lithium ion batteries, view the Battery University. The web site is supported by Cadex, a battery manufacturer for more than 35 years.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Maybe having a lightning cable plugged into the phone disables wireless charging.. Just a THOUGHT though.

You’re safe to use either charging method, but definitely not both.

I don’t know about the how and what, but it’s definitely not something you should try and expect miracles.

I mean one source would be the wireless qi dock and the other source would be the lighting plug from the CarPlay

Can you blow up your iPhone x/8 by placing it on a wireless charger pad while it's charging with a cable? | ZDNet

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2