True Tone - On or Off

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I turned it offfor now. By default when on its way too warm and yellow under normal lighting imo. Hopefully Apple will give us the option to adjust the intensity. I toggle nightshift when I need to read in the dark.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes. It will be more vivid and will look how it’s supposed to be calibrated from factory. The reason why some people prefer True Tone because it changes the screen tone to be warmer (less blue) which is much easier to the eye when using the phone and especially reading. However, this will also make the phone look more yellow and not as vivid when on. True Tone is actually a very good feature. When indoors the tone will shift more towards the warm side depending on the lighting, but outdoors where it’s bright, it will shift more toward the cooler side. I will eventually use it at some point if Apple decrease the intensity of warmth tone indoors.

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I use it. When I hold my X up to my S8+ the S8+ screen looks blue to a fault compared to the true white on the X.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I had it on, but I just switched it off. It takes a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the cooler temp, but after they did, it looks better.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I’ve had it on the entire time but will test with it off. Does it impact battery life at all?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77