I can’t put it down

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I’m enjoying my X. Two things I don’t like so far .... 1. No battery percentage on home screen. Have to pull down to see stat on the notification page. 2. Don’t love the giant notch at the top of the screen.

I understand why they are the way they are. I’m just not a fan of them.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Pretty sure this is the exact reason Apple implemented it this way. Hence the messages not showing until it sees your face. It’s been mentioned a lot though so I can see Apple adding an option for this in a future update

Actually, I can access my notification a lot better now. Before when I used Touch ID, I press on the home button and it takes me right away to the home screen and don’t get a chance to read it because it authenticates so fast. I know you can turn on your screen by pressing the wake button but I’m used to pressing the home button all the time. With Face ID, it will stay on the lock screen until you swipe up. Now, I get to read my notifications more easily without having to go all the way to home screen. I also like the feature that it won’t show your message when you’re not looking at your phone. This way, person next to me will not be able to see or read the text when a personal message comes during our meeting.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I’m enjoying my X. Two things I don’t like so far .... 1. No battery percentage on home screen. Have to pull down to see stat on the notification page. 2. Don’t love the giant notch at the top of the screen.

I understand why they are the way they are. I’m just not a fan of them.

The battery percentage can been seen by swiping the down from the top right corner and the notch at the top did bother me at first, but know I am used to it. This is all stuff that can be smoothed out in future software updates.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The battery percentage can been seen by swiping the down from the top right corner and the notch at the top did bother me at first, but know I am used to it. This is all stuff that can be smoothed out in future software updates.

Yes, I know. I mentioned that in my post. It seems like it’s a real estate issue. No where to put it. I’d be ok if they just replace the battery icon with the percentage.

Innerchild

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had my iPhone X since Friday around noon and I haven’t put it down except to sleep. I know it’s just a phone, but Apple adapting the gesture concept has got me really liking the device.

I have had a ton of folks asking to hold it and and play with it. The response is fantastic and they all like the gesture concept and now want to ditch their current models for the X.

As with Blackberry OS10, I feel like an ambassador for the new X and enjoy showing folks the best way to adapt to the new gesturing concept.

My hats off to the folks at Apple who where on the iPhone X development team. You have a winner here.

Your initial post put me over the edge to order one. I also loved the fluidity of BB OS10. Won’t get my X for about 3 weeks so will just enjoy reading about how much people are loving it while I wait.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Your initial post put me over the edge to order one. I also loved the fluidity of BB OS10. Won’t get my X for about 3 weeks so will just enjoy reading about how much people are loving it while I wait.

Great, I hope you get it sooner and let’s here how you feel about the device when you get it. I know if you liked BB OS10, you will love it.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

+1 for BB10. I was in love with that OS. They came in way too late in the game.

Innerchild

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
+1 for BB10. I was in love with that OS. They came in way too late in the game.

If Blackberry had the marketing genius of Apple, BB10 might have succeeded. Lack of investment in reaching a larger market and app development doomed it.

Q10>Z10>Z30 and soon the X. Gestures are back!

robinhelene

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had my iPhone X since Friday around noon and I haven’t put it down except to sleep. I know it’s just a phone, but Apple adapting the gesture concept has got me really liking the device.

I have had a ton of folks asking to hold it and and play with it. The response is fantastic and they all like the gesture concept and now want to ditch their current models for the X.

As with Blackberry OS10, I feel like an ambassador for the new X and enjoy showing folks the best way to adapt to the new gesturing concept.

My hats off to the folks at Apple who where on the iPhone X development team. You have a winner here.

I so agree! I can’t put it down

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I can’t put it down because I’m afraid I’ll scratch the glass back.
All kidding aside, it’s a great device.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I know. I mentioned that in my post. It seems like it’s a real estate issue. No where to put it. I’d be ok if they just replace the battery icon with the percentage.

Or make it like below, I'm sure they can do it.
e365aa17ecd39bab8a479e694aa79e00.jpg

f98f0ba96d8e430e6dddce0b5ef63f56.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2