Apple is not backing down from the EU and Spotify, and I think it is right

Gregorius

Mar 8, 2024
Visit site
It was really painful to read. All I had to do is replace every occurence of Apple with Microsoft and Apple Pay with Internet Explorer. And yes everyone realizes that the EU is anti-big-company. It is literally in the text of the laws and regulations, so Apple don't really need to fight this aspect. And please, never ever defend your argument by trying to set yourself up as a non-pro-Apple journalist. If you need to do so, you know there is something wrong. And nobody is expecting it. This is iMore. You just need to lay down your arguments and that's it. If it does not come through, that is either the fault of the argument or the thesis. I also hope for Apple playing all its cards in this lawsuit as I, as a consumer, is interested in getting a clear cut answer legally to this matter. It is not Spotify fighting Apple. It is indeed consumers fighting Apple. Only, consumers as single entities can't raise their voice against Apple in any other means than supporting the service providers who will be willing to pay the amount required to fight Apple. Which, as opposed to the anti-big-company regulations of the EU, is a property of the laws USA laws of competitions which is pro-capital and will give an advantage in any court-case to the party with stronger financial background. And the closed eco-system, that you are referring to, for one means that any Apple user is not a consumer when it comes down to a world of economics broader than Apple, but a captive.

(Also, it was really "fun" going through 25 of captcha verifications for registering on this site. Just writing this as a note that the registration process is really dissuasive. You should give it a test if you are to welcome more registered users.)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It was really painful to read. All I had to do is replace every occurence of Apple with Microsoft and Apple Pay with Internet Explorer. And yes everyone realizes that the EU is anti-big-company. It is literally in the text of the laws and regulations, so Apple don't really need to fight this aspect. And please, never ever defend your argument by trying to set yourself up as a non-pro-Apple journalist. If you need to do so, you know there is something wrong. And nobody is expecting it. This is iMore. You just need to lay down your arguments and that's it. If it does not come through, that is either the fault of the argument or the thesis. I also hope for Apple playing all its cards in this lawsuit as I, as a consumer, is interested in getting a clear cut answer legally to this matter. It is not Spotify fighting Apple. It is indeed consumers fighting Apple. Only, consumers as single entities can't raise their voice against Apple in any other means than supporting the service providers who will be willing to pay the amount required to fight Apple. Which, as opposed to the anti-big-company regulations of the EU, is a property of the laws USA laws of competitions which is pro-capital and will give an advantage in any court-case to the party with stronger financial background. And the closed eco-system, that you are referring to, for one means that any Apple user is not a consumer when it comes down to a world of economics broader than Apple, but a captive.

(Also, it was really "fun" going through 25 of captcha verifications for registering on this site. Just writing this as a note that the registration process is really dissuasive. You should give it a test if you are to welcome more registered users.)

Don’t know what any of that has to do with Spotify or the eu wanting to establish spotify as a monopoly in Europe.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77