iPhone X First Impressions Thread!

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
LOL sorry that's why I tried to say the X's OIS plus the even better aperture than the 8+ = better zoom pics as a simple explanation. The rest is more of a photo geek thing. I forget, being an amateur hobby photographer with a DSLR and lenses etc. that I understand a little bit of the stuff maybe a bit more :)

Haha I have an DSLR too that I took a couple classes for and love it, just don’t have much time for the hobby being that I use my phone for all my daily pics. I get basic aperture and stuff just gets confusing at times

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I’ve had mine for one day, coming from plus sized iPhones, most recently the 8 plus.
I thought I’d hate losing the home button but it really doesn’t bother me. Face ID is working flawlessly.
I do make more typos on the slightly smaller keyboard, but I’m getting better.
The screen still feels small next to the 8 plus. Yes, it’s longer but overall it’s noticeably smaller.
Battery life this first full day included watching tons of videos and completing my download from the cloud. Even with all of that, I didn’t hit 4% until close to 10pm after starting around 8am.
I simultaneously like and dislike the smaller size. I know that sounds weird, but I don’t know how else to word it. It’s definitely much more manageable with one hand vs the Plus, but it almost feels too small. Probably just because I’m used to the larger devices.
Screen is absolutely beautiful and I’m so glad Apple didn’t try a curved display. The Samsung phones are beautiful but so easy to get palm touches you didn’t intend and I have yet to accidentally touch any place on my iPhone X. I think Apple was right to go edge to edge instead of going over the edge.
Animojis aren’t necessary at all and a man of my age (43) shouldn’t be using them but I’m having a blast with them so far.
Ultimately, it is an outstanding effort by Apple and I am proud to eat my words complaining about it after the keynote. Whether I keep it or not will be decided by whether or not I can adjust to the smaller size with my large, gorilla hands. If I do go back to the 8 plus, my wife is waiting in the wings to claim the X for herself.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yep it's definitely a change from a plus but I like it. Read somewhere it's the Goldilocks size and I have to agree. It's a balance between the slightly larger width plus screen and the more manageable physical size of the non plus model

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Of course I like it! But I’m not real happy that my banking apps etc. that I use touch ID to log onto don’t work now with Face ID. I thought they said it would automatically take the place of touch ID. Or is it up to the individual app to adjust to Face ID? Anybody know??

Face ID does work with Chase app - may be specific to banks/apps.

So answer to your last question: probably yes

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep it's definitely a change from a plus but I like it. Read somewhere it's the Goldilocks size and I have to agree. It's a balance between the slightly larger width plus screen and the more manageable physical size of the non plus model

I went from 6Plus to 7 Plus to 8. Size of the 8 is refreshingly small - the 8 feels like Goldilocks size to me.

I caved and bought X. Love the features — and it’s only slightly larger than the 8, yet difference is noticeable and no longer Goldilocks. Still smaller than Plus — which should be OK because I used Plus for years — yet the 8. Such a perfect size. The X just doesn’t hit that sweet spot.

Will keep it for features - I DO love having real estate back, and though i actively did not want Face ID, it just works. Even the gestures are completely instinctive — took a few min for them to become reflex.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Was leery of the X especially considering the price. Had a 7 Plus for the last 8-9 months. But I saw availability at my local Apple Store via the app. Couldn’t resist... Pulled the trigger on a space gray 64.

I’m beyond blown away by the X!!! Such a joy to use! Size is perfect. Can use one handed again - something that was tough with the Plus. Gestures are fluid. FaceID “just works”. Screen is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Loving it!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The 8/Plus and X both have a newer, more sensitive sensor than the 7/Plus. My favorite comment was watching a YouTube video and the guy hated the new cameras on the X because they are too good, he doesn't like that they show all his pores.

Lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77