FaceID Will Be Perfectly Fine

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I think it will be fine as well, but I definitely think it will take some getting used to. I unlock my phone to unlock my watch and sometimes just hit the TouchID and then lock it without looking at it but that's minor. I am more interested in how well the gestures work and that being different. The first time I go to scroll down a page and it returns home I will probably laugh at the irony.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think FaceID will be different and will take some getting used to. I don’t think it’s going to improve or ruin our lives...the way we unlock our phones and use Apple Pay will just be slightly different.

We’re creatures of habit and this is the first iPhone over 10 years without a home button so naturally some people are going to take it very personally. This isn’t at all unlike last year at this time when the forum was flooded with “They took our headphone jack!” threads. Many got very upset but then the vast majority eventually accepted it and moved on.

Exactly this.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I find it a bit funny the people who say “you won’t be able to do this, do that...” unless you work at Apple you know nothing about what can be done. Until it’s released I’ll hold my judgement about it and instead be excited to try something different. Will it have cons, yes this is real life nothing will be 100% perfect. However I’m willing to bet the engineers smart enough to put together a gadget like the iPhone X thought of many use case scenarios tho. I guess we’ll see.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77