When rumors said the iPhone will be over $1000, I said I've had it with all these expensive phones. Looking at my $900+ 7 plus and smh. I told myself I'm down sizing to the SE if they put 7 internals. Fast forward to the keynote and now I'm already looking at wireless pads and cases smh. Apple got me again... hook line and sinker
    Spencerdl and nikkisharif like this.
    09-13-2017 09:06 PM
    Sadly, in most parts of Canada, the price for the 256 GB version 10 will be over $1700 including taxes. Apple didn't use a very good exchange rate which is what they have been doing lately. In the UK, it's the same price I hear as in USA. Obviously, Apple has their reasons but I doubt the reasons are sound.

I have the 7+ and I am relatively satisfied with it. However, I had no choice last year but to get the 7 because my 5 had died.

I don't upgrade for 3 or more years. And when I do it's because the device becomes too sluggish to use or it has hardware issues.

Although I wanted to get the 10, in a way I am happy that the price is so high. I feel the 10 is arguably way too expensive for a phone and a bit more.

Apple has done their part and reassured me that not upgrading is the right thing to do. They are getting rid of 32 bit apps which developers are no longer supporting. I have many that I still use because they are functional.

The latest iTunes has done away with the App Store. I still backup my device to both the cloud and PC. I have many apps that I did not update because they are too "bloated" in my opinion so I use older versions.

While many people may be technically categorized as sheeple, I don't follow trends, become influenced by marketing or hype, compete with others, or have the need to fit-in. I have the ability of critical analysis. I absorb as much relevant information and make up my own mind.

Should the iPhone 10 have some serious issues, I will just sit back and grin at the early adopters who shelled out all that money just to satisfy their ego.
    dejanh and TgeekB like this.
    09-13-2017 10:06 PM
    Sadly, in most parts of Canada, the price for the 256 GB version 10 will be over $1700 including taxes. Apple didn't use a very good exchange rate which is what they have been doing lately. In the UK, it's the same price I hear as in USA. Obviously, Apple has their reasons but I doubt the reasons are sound.

I have the 7+ and I am relatively satisfied with it. However, I had no choice last year but to get the 7 because my 5 had died.

I don't upgrade for 3 or more years. And when I do it's because the device becomes too sluggish to use or it has hardware issues.

Although I wanted to get the 10, in a way I am happy that the price is so high. I feel the 10 is arguably way too expensive for a phone and a bit more.

Apple has done their part and reassured me that not upgrading is the right thing to do. They are getting rid of 32 bit apps which developers are no longer supporting. I have many that I still use because they are functional.

The latest iTunes has done away with the App Store. I still backup my device to both the cloud and PC. I have many apps that I did not update because they are too "bloated" in my opinion so I use older versions.

While many people may be technically categorized as sheeple, I don't follow trends, become influenced by marketing or hype, compete with others, or have the need to fit-in. I have the ability of critical analysis. I absorb as much relevant information and make up my own mind.

Should the iPhone 10 have some serious issues, I will just sit back and grin at the early adopters who shelled out all that money just to satisfy their ego.
    The 7 plus had numerous issues and I'm sure the 10 will have its issues as well. No phone is perfect. There 6 had numerous issues, 6s not so much, 7 did, 8 won't probably and the 10 will.
    09-13-2017 11:17 PM
    Haven't seen any issues with my 7 plus. Also my 6 plus and my 6s plus never had issues either. Guess I was one of the many lucky ones.
    09-14-2017 09:36 AM
    The price is ridiculous but the choices are get it .... or not get it. And I'll always choose to get it! Plus, I'll be trading it in next year anyway for whatever comes out. Question though: When does the cycle stop? When do I keep a phone for more than 1 year!?
    09-14-2017 09:47 AM
    I paid $969 for my Jet Black 256gb and now I will pay $1149 for my iPhone X 256gb, that's an $180 increase. That's about right with yearly inflation even though my Government swears that it's not that much yearly inflation...LOL
    nikkisharif and Tartarus like this.
    09-14-2017 09:52 AM
    I paid $969 for my Jet Black 256gb and now I will pay $1149 for my iPhone X 256gb, that's an $180 increase. That's about right with yearly inflation even though my Government swears that it's not that much yearly inflation...LOL
    While I agree with you that inflation is actually higher than the adjusted figures that governments typically report, it is not 19%. Apple is ripping you off but if you don't mind it then that is your prerogative.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-14-2017 09:58 AM
    While I agree with you that inflation is actually higher than the adjusted figures that governments typically report, it is not 19%. Apple is ripping you off but if you don't mind it then that is your prerogative.
    And it definitely is my decision. Lately everybody is ripping everybody off. It seems to be the thing nowadays. I could also look back a year from now and see $180 wasted on garbage.
    TgeekB and nikkisharif like this.
    09-14-2017 10:01 AM
    And if you get Applecare+, it'll run you $1,349. And the taxes. Then there's cases to consider, unless you go nekid.
    TgeekB and dejanh like this.
    09-14-2017 10:38 AM
    Apparently the NAND shortages is the culprit. But if he keeps his phone for 3 years then it's not bad
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-14-2017 10:46 AM
    And if you get Applecare+, it'll run you $1,349. And the taxes. Then there's cases to consider, unless you go nekid.
    Yes, I had to do all that with my Jet Black as well. In my post I was referring to DEVICE cost. I thought that was obvious.
    09-14-2017 10:47 AM
    Apparently the NAND shortages is the culprit. But if he keeps his phone for 3 years then it's not bad
    I apologize.....What does NAND mean?
    09-14-2017 10:49 AM
    Yes, I had to do all that with my Jet Black as well. In my post I was referring to DEVICE cost. I thought that was obvious.
    I said, "And if...".
    09-14-2017 10:58 AM
    This is what the bands will look like after about a month. $999 for a scratched phone. Even in a case the micro dirt will eat this stainless and glass to pieces. I would opt for the lighter color. It will not show as much as the dark one.
    Attached Thumbnails iPhone X starting price: 9 USD - thoughts?-45c667cf-b91b-45e8-b245-5232596e31d3.jpeg  
    dejanh likes this.
    09-14-2017 11:00 AM
    The price is ridiculous but the choices are get it .... or not get it. And I'll always choose to get it! Plus, I'll be trading it in next year anyway for whatever comes out. Question though: When does the cycle stop? When do I keep a phone for more than 1 year!?
    That's up to you.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-14-2017 11:09 AM
    Very good point.
    IF you keep it for 3 years it probably is a good investment. It's when they get you every year it can become outrageous.
    dejanh likes this.
    09-14-2017 11:10 AM
    I thinking about starting that right now with the 7 plus.
    09-14-2017 11:15 AM
    This is what the bands will look like after about a month. $999 for a scratched phone. Even in a case the micro dirt will eat this stainless and glass to pieces. I would opt for the lighter color. It will not show as much as the dark one.

Really?...Only a month old? Humm, my Jet Black finish looks nothing like that just short a couple of weeks from being a year old. I guess it really depends on how one takes care of their $999 devices.
    09-14-2017 11:17 AM
    Yep, the 3D NAND chip has the suppliers behind on production.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    09-14-2017 11:18 AM
    One of the financial mags claims this is the Bentley effect: a high priced Rolls drives the market to the less outrageously overpriced model. If I'm honest, I'll realize anything I do during the day - and I use my phone a lot - I could do with a $300 Moto G or similar.
    dejanh likes this.
    09-14-2017 11:33 AM
    Nope. I’m buying the Note 8. I was waiting to see todays announcement. Pass
    You must be impressed by the OLED screen of the X? Made by the same company that builds your Note 8.
    09-14-2017 11:40 AM
    You must be impressed by the OLED screen of the X? Made by the same company that builds your Note 8.
    Sure, it’s nice, but the Note 8’s is a bit brighter.
    09-14-2017 11:45 AM
    Your jetblack isn’t stainless steel. I have a jetblack iPhone 7 Plus and it looks great also.
    09-14-2017 11:49 AM
    Can also skip Applecare and go with Squaretrade for $129.
    09-14-2017 11:54 AM
    Sure, it’s nice, but the Note 8’s is a bit brighter.
    Welcome to iMore. Thanks for joining. May I ask, how do you know the Note 8's screen is brighter? Do you have both devices? Enjoy the site.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-14-2017 11:55 AM
134 ... 23456