Best third party keyboard?

clickitykeys

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My experience with third-party keyboards on iPhone 6S Plus has not been very pleasant, unfortunately. Compared with the native keyboard, I have found them marginally better in predictive text suggestions, and marginally worse in typing accuracy. I've tried Swiftkey and GBoard.

For conciseness, here is how I would rate the three touchscreen keyboards that I have tried on iPhone 6S Plus on a scale of 0 (worst) to 10 (best). To provide a relative reference, I'm also rating the physical keyboard of the BlackBerry Q10, which was my previous phone.:

Accuracy of Predictive Text:
Native: 5
Swiftkey: 6
GBoard: 4
Q10: 8

Accuracy of Typing:
Native: 6
Swiftkey: 5
GBoard: 4
Q10: 10

Accuracy of Swiping:
Native: Not applicable
Swiftkey: 7
GBoard: 5
Q10: Not applicable

Ironically, the Swiftkey-enabled BlackBerry keyboards were amazingly (even telepathically) accurate in their predictions, while Swiftkey on iPhone sucks in comparison. I have no idea why this is the case. The only explanation I can come up with is that BlackBerry fine-tuned the predictions and made them better.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Another mention for SwiftKey. I use the stock and SwiftKey keyboards. I've tried a lot of different third party keyboards, but seem to always come back to SwiftKey and the stock. This works for me.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I wish the stock keyboard had predictive text for Serbian as well and not only English. If that was the case, it would be perfect for me.

You should be able to add the stock Serbian keyboard in Settings > General > Keyboards > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard... > Serbian.
Good news: iOS 10 is supposed to support multiple language keyboards without having to keep switching back and forth.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
From reading this thread, I decided to try GBoard and I kinda like it. Thanks for the info everyone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2