Why don't I have a badge count for reminders?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
No badge count for reminders

Lately, whenever I receive a notification for a reminder, I either get no badge or a very delayed badge on both my iPhone and iPad. I have tried turning iCloud on and off, rebooting my devices, and a couple of other things, but nothing seems to have worked. Do any of you have suggestions as to what I can try?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: No badge count for reminders

I keep most of my badges turned off, including reminders. I have it set on "Alerts" at the bottom. So I get a pop up notification for each reminder. I get annoyed with too many red badges. So I keep those to a minimum. As for yours, there's no telling. I can't get the App Store badge to show when there's an app update. If you have everything set right in notifications, you've done all you can. Even Apple products are not perfect. if it's like my App Store badge, you'll get your important alert badge the next day. I suggest setting your reminders to "Alerts". I prefer the pop up to a numbered badge. With a numbered badge, you have to launch the app to see what's up. The pop up tells you right then and there. Hopefully Apple will address many of these quirks in iOS 9 later this year.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

Lately, whenever I receive a notification for a reminder, I either get no badge or a very delayed badge on both my iPhone and iPad. I have tried turning iCloud on and off, rebooting my devices, and a couple of other things, but nothing seems to have worked. Do any of you have suggestions as to what I can try?

The badge will only appear when it reaches both the due date and time. If you want to see the badge on a given day, set the reminder for 7am. A PITA, the whole Reminders app is an abomination, only using it because it's the easiest one to sync with Outlook at home and work for free.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

To answer TupWeb's question: of course the badge app icon is ON. Do you really think I wouldn't have checked that first? :rolleyes:

From what I've read, others have had a problem with the Reminders badge issue, too - apparently as far back as iOS 7 (update: iOS 6) for some. Many people might find Reminders fine, but I personally think it's a pretty awful app. I'm making do with it for now while also relying on other apps for backup. If Clear would get its act together and improve syncing, I'd use that app more often, and I'm also hoping that Any.DO gets iPad support soon. Hell, I'm even considering springing for Todoist and spending $29 so I can get notifications for that app. :laughing: