How much of an impact does the amount of installed apps have on battery life??

Dx3me

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I have an interesting question...

I had an iPhone 5S (16GB model) a few months ago with the following installed;

63 songs
6 videos
213 photos
89 apps
Capacity 12.1 GB
Available 4.8 GB

* When listening to music for about 8 hours, using whatsapp, checking facebook/google every now and then, I still had about 70% battery life left at the end of that 8 hours working day.

I gave the phone to my girlfriend last week and bought myself a new iPhone 6 (64 GB model).

Now my girlfriend has the following installed;

104 songs
7 videos
99 photos
130 apps
Capacity 12.1 GB
Available 1.5 GB

* Now my girlfriend uses the exact same phone (that I used to have), but after about 4 hours of usage the battery is already drained to 50%.
---------------
We use our phones for about the same tasks, so that should not be the reason for the difference in battery drainage.

Could the difference in battery drainage be, because my girlfriend has a lot more apps installed (even though she closes everything she doesn't directly use, just like I always do)??
Or could it have to do with the fact she uses a different network provider??

Last edited:

Dx3me

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
A different carrier could be a cause. A weaker signal causes the phone to use more battery.
The amount of installed apps alone if they are not running would have no affect on battery life.
But I would also doubt that you use the phones the same way. She could be using it more than you did.

It's probably the carrier than...
As far as usage goes, we're colleagues and therefore I have a pretty good idea of how she uses her phone (we're not really allowed to use it for anything other than music... whatsapp/facebook needs to be done sneaky ;) )

* But I will also check her background notifications and refresh settings, just to be sure everything is set up correctly.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It could be several things. She might have the brightness turned up higher.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll