Facebook app crashes on iPhone 5

tiggertoo5

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a new iPhone 5, activated a week ago. Facebook app crashes after about 10 seconds every time it is opened using my account. I have uninstalled and reinstalled more times than I can count, I have rebooted the phone numerous times, and I have spent hours with Verizon and Apple techs, not to mention the techs where I purchased the phone. I have repeatedly reported the problem to Facebook, but, of course, have not heard from them. I have even returned the first phone and set up a new one. Facebook app still crashes. Last night the Verizon tech suggested I login on a different Facebook account. I did this using two different accounts and they both work perfectly. I reinstalled my account and it crashes. I mirrored the settings of the Facebook account that worked with my account and it still does not work. ANY suggestions as to what is causing this problem -- is it a setting in the Facebook account? should I hard reset my phone? should I deactivate and reactivate my Facebook account? Seeking help.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The Facebook app is crap to start with. You'd be better off going to Safari to access Facebook, the same as if you were at home on your computer. The problems you're facing have nothing to do with your phone, and everything to do with Facebook.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Alli is totally 100% correct!! The FB app is a joke. They did make a few strides when they had the update a few months ago,but I'm noticing issues again with it taking FOREVER to update the news feed. I wish there was a good alternative like Twitter has with Tweetbot.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2