Mail app and gmail on push?

bcbbanga4l

Trusted Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
So I have my gmail set up as push in teh settings but then when I go advanced and pic gmail it only gives me two options fetch and manual... I have noticed that the only time I get new mail is when I open the mail app is there any way for my new mai to come in automatically I thought that is what push does?

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
If you set up gmail as that, gmail it will only fetch not push. The shortest fetch time is 15 minutes. To get push, you'll need to set up your account as an exchange account. Then you will get push email.

Reactions: Alli

bcbbanga4l

Trusted Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
thank you

two questions when I do it this way does it consume more battery and will it also sync calendar and contacts or no?

Thank you again for your help

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
It will use a little more battery in my experience. But the push to me is worth it. It will also sync your contacts and calendar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcbbanga4l

Trusted Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
ok I am going to set it up tonight that way i found the instructions online Idk how it was set up fetch.. I am going to try out push while im at work and see how much battery wastes compared to fetch.

Thanks guys for all your help

bcbbanga4l

Trusted Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
So i made the switch and there was no huge difference in battery and getting those emails as soon as they come in is a plus so thanks guys but There was something I noticed my notes that I use on the mail client no longer sync anyway I can fix that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2