iPhone 8 plus Belkin ultra glass

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Apple installed a Belkin ultra glass Friday on my iPhone 8 plus I see dust under screen protector.

I asked the person who installed it said it was fine but if I take it back to Apple to install a new one won’t that mess up my display and cause dead pixel or spots on screen ??

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Replacing your screen protector won’t break your display. In the extremely unlikely event that it causes a dead pixel or a spot your phone is under warranty.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Your saying if Apple store replace the Belkin glass with a new one it won’t messes up my display correct ?

Apple one time reused my Belkin ultra glass iPhone 7 and then I purchase a new one and caused dead pixel

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Your saying if Apple store replace the Belkin glass with a new one it won’t messes up my display correct ?

Apple one time reused my Belkin ultra glass iPhone 7 and then I purchase a new one and caused dead pixel

Just as my first response stated, there’s no reason to worry.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Alright but with my receipt will Apple store be able to replace the glass with a new when I show them what happen ??

They reason people have Apple do it, is so that if anything at all goes wrong, it's replaced at no charge. I can't begin to guess how many of us have !$#@# up a glass protector install. I think that alone is why they come in packs of two.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Apple installed mine with dust under it I saw when they installed and used all the tools in the kit I will take it back to Apple and I hope it won’t damage my screen

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple installed mine with dust under it I saw when they installed and used all the tools in the kit I will take it back to Apple and I hope it won’t damage my screen

I believe we have covered that several times already.. it will not damage your screen, and if it does, Apple will give you a replacement phone. Dust does not normally damage a screen.. diamond dust = maybe etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2