How is your glass screen protector holding up on your iPhone 12?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My Zagg InvisibleShield Glass Elite Visionguard screen protector is holding up just fine. I always buy the Zagg screen protectors because they have the best oleophobic coating and they never break when I drop my phone. I have never had to replace a Zagg yet. The cheap glass screen protectors don't hold up as well. There's a reason they're cheap - they're not nearly as good.

Exactly this

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
In the last week both my wife and I broke ours. They were put on day 1. It was just a cheap $7 or something like that from Amazon so I'm not complaining, put on 2 more, and if they last another 6 months that's cheap insurance.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
After seven months of use the Zagg Olephobic coating is holding up very nicely as well as no scratches, cracks or peeling. My Zagg Glass Screen protector is performing they way I've come to expect after years of using the Zagg brand.

Zalestine

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site
I have the Dbrand Tempered Glass one that I ended up trying out when I order some new skins for my iPhone 12 a while ago.

It's been holding up exceptionally well. Resists my fingerprints without issue and it hasn't got a bunch of micro scratches like some others I've have on past devices.

I also like that it covers the entire device with the only cut out being for the ear piece, thus giving it a clean uniform appearance.

Based on my experience with it thus far, I'll certainly be buying from them again for my next iPhone.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My boss got premium name brand protectors for a 2 dozen new units around a year ago. If they have any advantage over the .26 mm generic tempered glass it barely shows, and the time for getting any sort of warranty claim makes them more expensive. With about the several times price difference, I'm sticking with less expensive ones.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I replaced my Zagg screen protector this past July with another glass screen protector. There is a place here in town that replaces screen protectors for $10.00. That includes installing them, which is well worth the money. So far, so good... knock on wood! :D

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I replaced my Zagg screen protector this past July with another glass screen protector. There is a place here in town that replaces screen protectors for $10.00. That includes installing them, which is well worth the money. So far, so good... knock on wood! :D

That seems fair, but I'll point out how easy and inexpensive it can be. Now many are sold with a mounting fixture that snaps on the phone. Even a 3-pack of .26 mm glass protectors with mounting fixture can be purchased from iMore sponsors for less than $10.

• Clean the phone. Many kits have an alcohol wipe and microfiber cloth.
  • Use the often included adhesive tape or other tape to lift any dust particles.
  • Set the glass protector on over the template. Some work better using an edge first but your end result might not be as centered.
  • Push hard to get any air out.

Keep in mind a 2 or 3-pack can be $6-10 so don't worry if you mess one up. Once you go through this you save time, money and can easily keep a great protector on your phone.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That seems fair, but I'll point out how easy and inexpensive it can be. Now many are sold with a mounting fixture that snaps on the phone. Even a 3-pack of .26 mm glass protectors with mounting fixture can be purchased from iMore sponsors for less than $10.

• Clean the phone. Many kits have an alcohol wipe and microfiber cloth.
  • Use the often included adhesive tape or other tape to lift any dust particles.
  • Set the glass protector on over the template. Some work better using an edge first but your end result might not be as centered.
  • Push hard to get any air out.

Keep in mind a 2 or 3-pack can be $6-10 so don't worry if you mess one up. Once you go through this you save time, money and can easily keep a great protector on your phone.

I will keep that in mind, but, what you don't realize is that I can be completely inept when it comes to things about this. Back in the day, I destroyed a couple of expensive screen protectors so I am wary of trying again!!! But, what you have described does seem appealing! :D

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I will keep that in mind, but, what you don't realize is that I can be completely inept when it comes to things about this. Back in the day, I destroyed a couple of expensive screen protectors so I am wary of trying again!!! But, what you have described does seem appealing! :D

I'm pretty sure the Amazon Tozo are sponsors and a 3-pack of thin .26 mm protectors with mount fixture is < $10 so give it a try. Controlling dust is the biggest challenge but the kids have adhesive for that. Some say install in a damp bathroom after a shower for less dust.

Good luck!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the Amazon Tozo are sponsors and a 3-pack of thin .26 mm protectors with mount fixture is < $10 so give it a try. Controlling dust is the biggest challenge but the kids have adhesive for that. Some say install in a damp bathroom after a shower for less dust.

Good luck!

Awesome! Thanks for the great information! I will add these to my Amazon list.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well after 11 months my Zagg glass screen protector finally cracked. A small onein the left rear corner that's barely noticeable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2