The iPhone 8 In 2020 Is Still Amazing!!!

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I just ran a Speedtest on my XS Max and I got a 10th of that - 33.0 down and 5.88 up. The 11 series, especially the Pro series has a much more advanced network chip than the 8 Plus and even somewhat more advanced chip than the XS Max. There are bands that the 8 Plus doesn't receive and the 8 Plus doesn't understand Carrier Aggregation (the ability to use a combination of the the available bands). Add 4x4 MIMO and other advanced features and you get what you have above - in the right areas. Congrats, enjoy, but your experience is not the norm for 4G and even for most on T-Mobile 5G. I doubt with the 8 Plus - here - I would break 20 down. But my wife is not a big user.

Thanks for the reply. It is amazing to see what you have. I don't expect to see performance from any carrier around here like those numbers for a very long period of time.

My iPhone 8+ has a download speed of 636 and a upload speed of 27.4

domoniqueku23

Oct 28, 2021
Visit site
I love this phone. I purchased it new to me in 2020 and I only replaced the battery in it this week. When it eventually dies, I hope I can find another one just like it. I'm not eager to move onto a device with Face ID yet.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife just inherited the 8 from her son. She is coming from the original SE. She loves it. I offered my 11 Pro Max and she preferred the 8. WOMEN!!