Verizon visual voicemail

stang6790

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
Ok I'm new to iPhone and have an iPhone 7 plus on the Verizon network, I have a question about visual voicemail. On my android phone I had the Verizon visual voicemail app that showed who the voicemail was from and all I had to do was push the play button to listen to it. From what I have read the iPhone should have the same thing built in, but when I open the phone app and click on the voicemail icon it immediately dials my voicemail. Shouldn't this take me to were I set up the visual voicemail.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Please contact Verizon support and inquire if visual voicemail is included in your plan and/or how to activate it.

Last edited:

stang6790

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
I'm planning on going there tomorrow if I can't get it figured out. Basic visual voicemail is included in my plan, that's what I was using on my Galaxy S7 Edge.

Engire

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem before. The visual voice mail on the iphone is an Apple feature and is incompatible with Verizons voice mail service for Android. Go into your Verizon account on your computer and remove the visual voice mail feature from your plan or do the 611 thing and have them do it. This should clear up your problem.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you saying when you tap on the voicemail tab in the bottom right, it calls your voicemail? It sounds like it's set up wrong. As stated above, call Verizon. Voicemail is a carrier function.

stang6790

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
I looked on the verizon website and I can't find the voicemail on there anywhere. I know I have seen it before but I can't find it on the redesigned website so I will just stop by tomorrow. Thanks.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have Verizon and have visual voicemail on my iPhone. So it's not incompatible.

I think the Visual Voicemail implementation by Apple is slightly different than others. Therefore, the regular Visual Voicemail could be incompatible with iPhones. Best to do is contacting Verizon and letting them know you have an iPhone and wish to have visual voicemail activated for it.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I think the Visual Voicemail implementation by Apple is slightly different than others. Therefore, the regular Visual Voicemail could be incompatible with iPhones. Best to do is contacting Verizon and letting them know you have an iPhone and wish to have visual voicemail activated for it.

Mine is activated. I should not have used a double negative in my post. What I meant to say is Verizon visual voicemail is compatible with iPhone. I agree, OP should contact Verizon.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
IPhone Visual Voicemail is dependent on your phone company having a compatible Visual Voicemail server, which Verizon does, though it does need to be provisioned on your account for it to work. You should contact Verizon. They would need to provision your account for it to work.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I stopped by Verizon and they got it all straightened out. Thanks for the advice.

On behalf of those who replied, you're very welcome, and we're glad you got the problem resolved. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

stang6790

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
I have no idea, the guy just punched around on his tablet for a couple minutes and restarted my phone and said I should be good to go. I guess something had to be changed on my account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azankhan1672