I dont like cases, it hides the look, feel and design which the phone was designed for in the first place
    01-07-2017 08:08 AM
    I always struggle between the clean look of the phone without case, and the concern of slippery sides in dropping it!
    01-10-2017 09:02 AM
    I always struggle between the clean look of the phone without case, and the concern of slippery sides in dropping it!
    I have decided we only live once and our smartphone was made, designed and created to use without a case

Cheers
    tr1ad likes this.
    01-11-2017 04:10 PM
    So far mine has held up well. I do have a case on it though - albeit a thin one, the Scarf from Totallee. So one of the thinnest cases you can buy. I do drop it once, from about 4 ft and face down it landed on concrete. Luckily I have a glass cover on the screen and I only slightly chipped in a few spots around the edges. I do have the lifetime warranty one so I am getting another in the mail.
    Overall though it's held up well and I have had it since day one of release.
    01-11-2017 06:41 PM
    Although I've used them before, I'm not a fan of screen protectors (or tempered glass) I end up removing them because I see a change in the marvelous colors and definition the iPhone screen has, and thankfully never had a broken screen (so far *knocks on wood). Cases? Sure, I prefer the very thin ones, which is why I'm looking for something like the peelskin for my jet black 7, I love how it feels in the hand so I want something that doesn't ad up any bulk or weight.
    01-22-2017 10:52 PM
    Since alot of you guys use those slim cases, why not just go for something like skins from Dbrand or Slickwraps?
    01-30-2017 02:08 PM
    Since alot of you guys use those slim cases, why not just go for something like skins from Dbrand or Slickwraps?
    My biggest argument against skins is that they're not easy to swap out. I use a few cases and enjoy the ability to easily switch things up.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    01-30-2017 02:12 PM
    My biggest argument against skins is that they're not easy to swap out. I use a few cases and enjoy the ability to easily switch things up.
    Agree. Also, I do like some protection. I very rarely (if ever) drop my phone, but just in case, I like to have a bit of coverage and protection. I personally have exclusively used the Apple Leather case on my 7. Love it. Looks nice, is slim and feels good in the hand.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    02-09-2017 06:24 PM
    Phones are becoming too thin and slippery so I use a Candyshell Grip and a Belkin Glass protector. I have seen some say the matte black chips even with a case but I've had mine since December with no chipping at all. It's been durable but I'm sure it'd be different without a case as all phones do Show wear.
    02-19-2017 04:09 AM
    At lest Apple stop with the "Smartphones made of Glass" trend. That´s really stupid, imo, since we are prone to drop them at some time....

Cheers
    03-29-2017 03:44 PM
    At lest Apple stop with the "Smartphones made of Glass" trend. That´s really stupid, imo, since we are prone to drop them at some time....

Cheers
    If the rumors are true it'll be back this year though
    03-29-2017 03:50 PM
    Mine was knocked out of my hand by a tossed pillow, hit parquet flooring from about two feet. Micro scratches on screen when viewed from a specific angle..
    03-30-2017 03:19 PM
    I am using the screen protector, doesn't have any scratches yet.
    03-31-2017 06:21 AM
    I always use more substantial cases like the Spigen Tough Armor. It just isnt worth the risk of damage for me. Id have a hard time paying a deductible, let alone the full price to replace my phone if something happened. Not only that, but I am on the road a lot for my job, so always having a working phone is paramount.
    05-02-2017 12:54 PM
    I think without a case it is still a durable phone, normal height drops never damaged my phone or whatsoever, it was one the hardest drop on a concrete floor, still got minor scuffs on the sides, the screen stayed protected, thanks to a the tempered glass screen protector.
    06-02-2017 06:53 AM
    I use the otterbox symmetry clear for the iPhone 7 matt black, and sometimes i remove the case to clean the dust. Yesterday i discovered some scratches on the bottom antenna. Here in The Netherlands i paid 989 (1114 dollar! for the 256 GB) euro's for the iPhone and 30 euro's. I think i will use the iPhone without a case and only with a glass screen protector.
    06-14-2017 10:22 AM
    I dont like cases, it hides the look, feel and design which the phone was designed for in the first place
    Agreed, which is why I often have the case off at home. But I don't want scratches, so I cover up when I leave the house.
    06-15-2017 06:18 PM
    So I hear. For wireless charging. Apple likes to stay just three years behind Samsung. That gives them two more years for the infinity screen.
    06-15-2017 06:22 PM
    I put a tempered glass screen protector on my matte black iPhone 7 either the day I got it or the day after. I never used them until I noticed a tiny, fine scratch on the screen of my iPhone 6s sometime late last year. That scratch really freaked me out because I'd never scratched a phone screen before and I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my devices.
    06-15-2017 06:25 PM
    So I hear. For wireless charging. Apple likes to stay just three years behind Samsung. That gives them two more years for the infinity screen.
    06-15-2017 06:33 PM
    I don’t agree that Apple is falling behind.
    06-15-2017 06:35 PM
    I don’t agree that Apple is falling behind.
    Mr Jobs declared no one needed or wanted a screen larger than 4". Every innovation we see beyond that original iPhone was pioneered by Android brands. I read about wraparound screens, about OLED and wireless charging and all of it has been running on Android devices for years, and for cheap, in many cases.

Apple integrates hardware and software into the most efficient handheld on the planet, but they ain't leading the charge on style.
    06-15-2017 06:53 PM
    Mr Jobs declared no one needed or wanted a screen larger than 4". Every innovation we see beyond that original iPhone was pioneered by Android brands. I read about wraparound screens, about OLED and wireless charging and all of it has been running on Android devices for years, and for cheap, in many cases.

Apple integrates hardware and software into the most efficient handheld on the planet, but they ain't leading the charge on style.
    Leading is not the same thing as being innovative, nor is walking blindly into the abyss.
    Most of the android novelties that came over the years haven’t caught on and some of them have even been removed.

As you have noticed over the past years, stuff that Apple implemented in iOS and in its iPhones has been largely successful. There is a reason behind that.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 06-15-2017 at 07:22 PM.
    06-15-2017 06:56 PM
    Leading is not the same thing as being innovative, nor is walking blindly into the abyss.
    Most of the android novelties that came over the years caught on and some of them have even been removed.
    Sorry. I have no idea what that means.

As you have noticed over the past years, stuff that Apple implemented in iOS and in its iPhones has been largely successful. There is a reason behind that.
    Okay, so Apple steals what's useful, even if it takes them years. But we're approaching saturation with smartphones, according to a very wise analyst, and she has the charts to prove it. This means it's 2007 all over again, and Apple must do more to maintain position than copy Samsung. Show us what we didn't realize we needed all over again. That's the challenge. Otherwise they're flailing, using a huge stock of cash chasing all other markets out there, like a toothless old tiger trying to chase a herd of spry young gazelles and catching none of them.

Like Microsoft.

Hey, Apple is chasing driverless cars, I hear. And AI. Good luck to them.
    06-15-2017 07:19 PM
    Sorry. I have no idea what that means.
    It means there is no such thing as innovation if it doesn’t work quite right. Surely I’m not the only one saying this.

Okay, so Apple steals what's useful, even if it takes them years.
    Such offensive wording
    But we're approaching saturation with smartphones, according to a very wise analyst, and she has the charts to prove it. This means it's 2007 all over again, and Apple must do more to maintain position than copy Samsung.
    You are aware that you sound extremely biased and prejudiced?
    Show us what we didn't realize we needed all over again. That's the challenge. Otherwise they're flailing, using a huge stock of cash chasing all other markets out there, like a toothless old tiger trying to chase a herd of spry young gazelles and catching none of them.
    I love the analogy. Only time will tell which one Apple is, a spry young gazelle or a toothless old tiger.
    Hey, Apple is chasing driverless cars, I hear. And AI.
    That is only two examples of stuff they have made public.
    There are many other projects in their subbasement going on that we don’t know of until the time is right.
    Like with everything in life, timing is extremely important.
    06-15-2017 07:31 PM
53 123