iPhone 7 getting hot

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't a problem yesterday. I got up this morning, connected my beats and listened to some music. I noticed my case getting a little warm so I took the phone out of the case. It wasn't real hot but warmer than I think it should be. I closed all of the apps running in the background and shut the phone down until it was cool. I rebooted the phone and it immediately started to get warm again. Right now I have it shut down

Thanks for any help.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry about it. A new device needs to index data in the background so the processor is working constantly and that will cause it to heat up. This is normal and your iPhone has a built in temperature alarm so you will be fine

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
My 7 ran warm when reinstalling everything but has been fine since. Do a restart (hold power button and down volume until the Apple logo pops up) and see if that solves it.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It's the os indexing data. Give it a bit to get through everything and settle down. Let us know if it's not better in the next day or so.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Warmer than ambient surroundings is normal, especially when charging or graphically intense gaming... if it's too warm to handle, that may be a hardware issue.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
reindexing will take a bit, give it 12 hours, do a hard reboot, and put on charge. ios 10 is warmer during sync, and things may not work correctly like the phone app (in my experience), until all my 4000+ contacts sync that's on twitter and facebook contact also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2