5 months now

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It's been 5 months since I switched from Android to iOS. I am still loving my 7 plus. It's not boring to me after all. Am really impressed with how I don't have any lag or freezing up. I do wish tho the antenna was stronger because it doesn't fair well with LTE on VERIZON here in AZ. Apple genius says it's the antenna. Hope moving forward on build quality Apple addresses that. That is the only issue

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's great, and hopefully the reception issue will be resolved in the very near future. In the meantime, keep on enjoying your iPhone...

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I know the feeling. I've been on iOS for 13 months and so far I have no plans on going back to Droid.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I got the 7Plus about a mine after it was released due to availability. Switched from Nexus 6P and I think iOS ecosystem is great. I barely reboot and even when I do, I think it's just an Android habit that I do it. I never see any difference at all.

I've done it all with Android and with the Nexus 6P I went from a power user to just normal social media, web browsing, and texting. I enjoy iOS and how smooth it is.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I got the 7Plus about a mine after it was released due to availability. Switched from Nexus 6P and I think iOS ecosystem is great. I barely reboot and even when I do, I think it's just an Android habit that I do it. I never see any difference at all.

I've done it all with Android and with the Nexus 6P I went from a power user to just normal social media, web browsing, and texting. I enjoy iOS and how smooth it is.

Same, came from a 6P a couple of weeks ago and really appreciate how solid iOS is. My 6P starting rebooting on its own daily, disconnecting randomly from wifi and poor battery since the beginning of the year and got tired of it. My wife has had her 6S since it's launch and had zero issues, my personal experience with android never went problem free.

Strong appreciation for this decide overall

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
It's been 5 months since I switched from Android to iOS. I am still loving my 7 plus. It's not boring to me after all. Am really impressed with how I don't have any lag or freezing up. I do wish tho the antenna was stronger because it doesn't fair well with LTE on VERIZON here in AZ. Apple genius says it's the antenna. Hope moving forward on build quality Apple addresses that. That is the only issue

I'm in AZ as well and impatiently waiting for delivery of my 7+ this morning. Coming from WP & Nexus 6. Had the 6s+ but foolishly sold it.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Don't you love that feeling. You spend a whole lot of money on something and after nearly 6 months you still love your purchase. :)

Nice to hear you are enjoying it besides a small reception issue.

I would expect iPhones to have great signal since they have a dedicated bands on the top and bottom. Sometimes, the cases being used are the culprits. 😃

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
They said not case issue. A friend has same issue on her 7 Says it's the Verizon LTE. Am ok. As long as it works. It's good on 3G. And it's not slow. It's on calls. Doesn't work at my friends house. Trying to get them to call Verizon to check out the area

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I remember when I was five months into using my iPhone 5s and all I could say was WOW, what took me so long? Sorry to here you're having connection issues with Verizon/iPhone, but when I switched to my first iPhone on the Verizon network, I actually had better service than I did with any of my previous devices. I hope it works itself out.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile LTE is rock solid on my 7 Plus! :)

Tmobile has improved there network at a
Rapid pace! There LTE speeds are hands down the fastest. The only reason I'm staying with Att they have a better network in rural areas. And I get a 25 discount off my Directv bill

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile LTE is rock solid on my 7 Plus! :)

I would love to switch back to T-Mobile and give them another try but the last time I tried them about a year and a half ago the signal was horrible inside buildings and when I switched back to Verizon my mom still had t-mo before switching her back and we went to San Francisco and there's a stretch of long highway that she had no service and I had 4-5 bars. So if we both had t-mo still and something had happened then we would have been SOL. So I still am wary about trying T-Mobile again because of that.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I have had 2 x 7 pluses since December and a 7 before that, the 7 definitely had better call quality and volume was louder for calls too.
I like my 7 plus but big phones are wearing thin on me.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I would love to switch back to T-Mobile and give them another try but the last time I tried them about a year and a half ago the signal was horrible inside buildings and when I switched back to Verizon my mom still had t-mo before switching her back and we went to San Francisco and there's a stretch of long highway that she had no service and I had 4-5 bars. So if we both had t-mo still and something had happened then we would have been SOL. So I still am wary about trying T-Mobile again because of that.

Agreed I tried it a few months back and in the city it was fine. Got out in rural areas and it was bad. I have heard that Tmobile has bought 3.99 billion in spectrum so time will tell. But for Tmobile to say that it matches att and Verizon in LTE coverage is false imo.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My sound quality is awesome. But at my friends can't make calls. Won't work. Haven't been using LTE since then. Will see if different next week when they are back in town

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2