Galaxy S8 Anyone?

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Aren't the Tech 21 a TPU case? I remember I tried it on s7 edge and case always got slimy. Don't know if they changed the texture. But I'll be honest, I haven't used a case in ages. The phone has a solid grip, unlike my iPhone that feels like a wet bar of soap, so I just go nude now on my s8+.
Yeah its a tpu but I never felt like mine was slimy. It actually had a very nice grip to it. It's very slim and minimal actually! I have the blue one which is really nice. Some of them are hit and miss. Tried a black one at target and the buttons were harder for me to push. Tried the active and the bottom didn't fit as well as the evo check in blue I had. The blue one had a perfect fit. Now the camera cutout is more shallow but it is a thinner case than the speck. I personally like the speck better because of the added camera protection and rigid bottom. And the grips are phenomenal because the regular presidio can feel a little slippery. But the tech 21 actually had one of the best grips for a phone case I ever felt. If you ever get a chance or a desire, try it for fun (maybe next time you go to best buy) I'm still debating on getting the note here in a month but if I do I'll be getting a speck presidio grip and one tech 21 for it as well. Both are great! Speck for me adds a little bit more bulk which I prefer.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah its a tpu but I never felt like mine was slimy. It actually had a very nice grip to it. It's very slim and minimal actually! I have the blue one which is really nice. Some of them are hit and miss. Tried a black one at target and the buttons were harder for me to push. Tried the active and the bottom didn't fit as well as the evo check in blue I had. The blue one had a perfect fit. Now the camera cutout is more shallow but it is a thinner case than the speck. I personally like the speck better because of the added camera protection and rigid bottom. And the grips are phenomenal because the regular presidio can feel a little slippery. But the tech 21 actually had one of the best grips for a phone case I ever felt. If you ever get a chance or a desire, try it for fun (maybe next time you go to best buy) I'm still debating on getting the note here in a month but if I do I'll be getting a speck presidio grip and one tech 21 for it as well. Both are great! Speck for me adds a little bit more bulk which I prefer.

Do you still use your iPhone? Anytime I use mine I get bored really really fast. Jumped back on my Sammy yesterday.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Do you still use your iPhone? Anytime I use mine I get bored really really fast. Jumped back on my Sammy yesterday.

Yeah I have two personal lines so I have both phones activated. As of right now I take my galaxy out with me and the iPhone stays home lol

Daryl Denson

Aug 10, 2017
Visit site
I have an S8 and 7 Plus. Granted I use my iPhone significantly more than my S8, the S8 still have features that interest me, but not enough of them to trade up using my 7 Plus. I consider my S8 as my play phone and my 7 Plus as my Grown Up phone lol

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
This statement is still accurate. I'm torn between my S8+ and iPhone 7+. I can't seem to land on one for more than a day or two. It's actually getting old.

Damn that's what I used to go through with my pixel and my s7 edge. Couldn't keep one activated for more than a day. Now I've solved that craziness and stick to my iPhone 7 plus. It's the phone for me and it is here to stay! I don't miss toying back and forth at all, it's a breath of fresh air now on this amazing device.

I have an S8 and 7 Plus. Granted I use my iPhone significantly more than my S8, the S8 still have features that interest me, but not enough of them to trade up using my 7 Plus. I consider my S8 as my play phone and my 7 Plus as my Grown Up phone lol

I don't think you could have said that any better! I got tired of playing though, so now I'm going to stick to being a grown up!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I have two personal lines so I have both phones activated. As of right now I take my galaxy out with me and the iPhone stays home lol

I couldn’t imagine having 2 lines and carrying those 2 phones. Lol. But my 7 plus has mostly been a paper weight since the s8+ released in April.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I couldn’t imagine having 2 lines and carrying those 2 phones. Lol. But my 7 plus has mostly been a paper weight since the s8+ released in April.
Trust me I don't carry two phones. One stays home. I just check it from time to time and not everyone has the new number i have carrying with me all day.

I'm really curious to see what Samsung and Apple announce within the next month. Are you getting any more devices or are you going to wait until next year?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Trust me I don't carry two phones. One stays home. I just check it from time to time and not everyone has the new number i have carrying with me all day.

I'm really curious to see what Samsung and Apple announce within the next month. Are you getting any more devices or are you going to wait until next year?
Definitely no Note. Never been a fan of those. I won't use a stylus. But I will pre-order a i8.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
2 drawbacks of the iPhone 8. It will probably be impossible to get in the early days and the AMOLED screen. I've always like LCD more than LED and the S8 and S8+ have re-enforced that preference.

I'm assuming that the demand will be rather high... and apparently Samsung already started producing the AMOLED displays.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, nobody fall out of their chair now, but I'm actually more interested in the Note 8 than the new iPhone this go round. That's right, you read my post correctly... LOL🤣. Stop laughing Garz...🤣🤣

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok, nobody fall out of their chair now, but I'm actually more interested in the Note 8 than the new iPhone this go round. That's right, you read my post correctly... LOL🤣. Stop laughing Garz...🤣🤣

Smh. Lol. Amazingly I'm not interested in it. Not saying that it won't be great. It will be. But I don't use a stylus. I never even use my Apple Pencil. I already have a free and clear s8+. Samsung gave it to me. But I do have interest in an OLED iPhone. That I will get as soon as I can get my hands on.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
2 drawbacks of the iPhone 8. It will probably be impossible to get in the early days and the AMOLED screen. I've always like LCD more than LED and the S8 and S8+ have re-enforced that preference.

Brooke works for Att. I'm sure she will have a way to hold one for herself once they come in stores. Haha.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
If it hold true that there will only be 2-4 million units available at launch, not many will be getting theirs at launch.
I plan on being one of the first ones to preorder. I got my jet black the following Monday after launch and I'm buying the biggest storage capacity like I did with my 7 plus

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2