iphone 7 plus jet black..Im so tempted

steven2014

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I have the Matte Black iPhone 7 plus and i think it looks great, however I am thinking about the changing to Jet Black as I am still within my return date.

Im just wondering, does it really scratch as bad as they say ?
I usually wear a case however i do like to rock the naked look at times, I am careful and dont throw my phone about.

Those who have Jet black, how does it hold up in daily life, any regrets ?

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I had the jet black for a couple of days and I didn't like how smudgy it got. I really like that the matte black/silver/gold/rose gold don't show fingerprint smudges. If I was going to purchase a new iPhone 7 Plus today, I'd get the matte black one.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I dont have the Jet Black, but I do have experience with it. It will show micro abrasions, but you need to look for them in the right light. If you are going to use it in a case you should be fine. Even naked though you won't kill the shine with scratches. Just don't put the phone in a pocket with other stuff.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the Matte Black iPhone 7 plus and i think it looks great, however I am thinking about the changing to Jet Black as I am still within my return date.

I usually wear a case however i do like to rock the naked look at times, I am careful and dont throw my phone about.

I slapped on a tempered glass screen protector and placed it in a case immediately after removing it from its box. I'm very particular about my phone's external condition so I'll never use it naked.

From the looks of it fingerprints are extremely susceptible due to the high gloss surface and hence the tiniest of scratches will be visible definitely.

In fact I initially chose between this and matte black due to the low stocks at that time, but endured until stocks arrive and absolutely no regrets! The Jet Black's glossy finish is something different from all the other matte finishing so to me, it's a unique and new thing for an iPhone.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I have the Jet Black, and I just put a clear skin on it. It doesn't show fingerprints as bad and won't get scratched up. Has a similar grippy feeling as the naked Jet Black. It looks pretty close as before I put the skin on, just not quite as glossy.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the spigen jet black case over my matte black phone. It was designed for those who wanted the jet black but got the matte black. It was a Pain to keep it finger smudge free and the case itself started to get micro abrasions. After a week I took it off.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I had a matte black but switched to the jet black when they became available. The matte black was way too slippery to use without a case but the jet black has really nice grip and the scratches everyone talks about are scratches that you have to put the phone in specific lights to see and mostly under a magnifying glass. Not a big deal at all to me.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I had one with a white Ringke Slim case and a clear Tech 21 plus a tempered glass screen protector and it looked pristine (way too coward to use it commando )

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

If you are careful and look after it well, you should be fine but

Unless the device is permanently in a case, you will notice small hairline scratches here. (nothing bad) if the device is left on tables tops and especially if you have anything near it thats sharper than a balloon it could potentially leave a mark. haha.

The Matte Black is awesome and i would say keep that :D

But at the end of the day, its your decision.

knoxDavid

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the jet black and it should be OK if you treat it well. I use an Apple silicone case for when it will need to be put down a lot. But normally it will be naked and I just slip it in my front pocket (it slides very easy). If you treat it well the micro abrasions are hard to see unless you know where to look. I really like the jet black.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

No regrets here. Although i went from 7 to 7 plus too. If you like to use it with no case sometimes get the JB, and looks better anyway IMO.

steven2014

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.
I am thinking I'll go to Apple Store tomorrow and swap it out. I have 14 days to decide anyway.

Would anyone be able to post an photos of their jet black to show how it's holding out. Also keen to know if it wears a lot around the lighting port ?

Thanks again ! 📱

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.
I am thinking I'll go to Apple Store tomorrow and swap it out. I have 14 days to decide anyway.

Would anyone be able to post an photos of their jet black to show how it's holding out. Also keen to know if it wears a lot around the lighting port ?

Thanks again ! ??????

Sounds like you may not be the right JB owner, its a phone it gets used, who even looks at their charge port. Stick with your MB or get AC and swap it out after 6 months/year.

I spent xmas with a 30 year old girl with a SG 6S, no case no screen protector, used by a pool/beach, screen down on tables, now thats living ;)

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

I have had my jet black 7plus since October and I do not have any scratches. The only case I us is the apple brown leather.

steven2014

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Took the plunge and went Jet Black.

It looks unreal !!!

Purchased Apple silicone and Apple Leather cases.
Let's see how it holds up.
Thanks for the advice guys !

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Took the plunge and went Jet Black.

It looks unreal !!!

Purchased Apple silicone and Apple Leather cases.
Let's see how it holds up.
Thanks for the advice guys !

Well done, i take mine in and out of my Apple black leather and all good. What colour cases did you get?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2