As a male, am I the only one who likes the white faced iPhones?

knoxDavid

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't have anything against the white face color wise, as a matter of fact I think a "jet White" version would look great. My issue is watching video, with a black face the face of the phone does not grab your attention--this is why TV sets are almost universally made with black frames. I personally find the white face-plate too distracting.

maxagin

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm sporting a white&silver 5s....well, it has a lightness and modernness to it that I like. However, now that I'm seriously due for an upgrade, I think I'm going matte black. Let me know if your old phone doesn't work out for yer ma;)

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
No way. I bought the first white iPhone when it came out. I really loved that look. But when I saw the new Matte Black, I liked it even more.

No phone color is "girly", that's such a stupid term. Who cares what color phone you have. Doesn't mean anything.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Funny. I got a white 6S Plus after all black phones. It went to my daughter. I got black 7 Plus because kids and wife said they liked it. I had reservations about black. Now the black's growing on me. With this first world problem solved I can move on to one that never seems to end - what case do I like most.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've had white iPhone since the 4s. Don't know why but I don't like any other phone in white

It wasn't til the 4 or 4s I got a white one. I do remember though how cool I thought the white 3GS' were. I want to say they weren't available at launch so I got the black.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely not. I had the white/silver combo for years. Since the iPhone 5 released actually. Prior to that (4/4s) I had the black phones. It was only with the release of the 7 Plus that I went Matte Black again. I still like the white iPhones. But I'm definitely a bigger fan of black right now.

Shahzad Ghani One

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
This is more of a discussion. I hope it doesn't get out of hand.

I got myself the matte black 7Plus around launch. Have been using it daily and love it, however I have seeming to be miss the white/silver combo I have used since the 4s. I don't know what it is, but I love the white faces iPhone. Am I the only guy who does? I say male because I see and know a lot of females whether they be family, friends, or just random walkers I see with the white faced iPhones.

So I went and did what any rational person would do and picked up a white/silver 7Plus and gave my black 7 plus to my mother.

i love white face there is no gender issue here:p personally i went for mate black iphone 7 plus at first but quickly got bored ..to me black face shows lots of finger prints and also black color hides...so got gold iphne 7 plus...loving the white face

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Not at all, I also like them. I have only owned one (White/Silver 6s Plus), but I really enjoyed it. Had they not come out with the fully righteous Jet Black I probably would have stuck with it. One thing I will say though, having owned both, is that the black definitely feels more sleek to me and if you watch a lot of movies on your phone it's less distracting since the black bezel melts away while the white outlines the screen. Just my two cents

1dtbrown

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I used to own black phones and I got really tired of searching for a black phone is dark gym bags, and other dark places, like NIGHT.

I have switched to a White and Red Garmin watch and I bought the white and silver 7+. So happy now, although a Jet Black phone looks REALLY sexy. If Apple would design a black phone with a dark places beacon. I am in!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I used to own black phones and I got really tired of searching for a black phone is dark gym bags, and other dark places, like NIGHT.

I have switched to a White and Red Garmin watch and I bought the white and silver 7+. So happy now, although a Jet Black phone looks REALLY sexy. If Apple would design a black phone with a dark places beacon. I am in!

I like your function over form approach. That makes total sense. My black 7 Plus is the first black-bezeled device I've owned. I really like it but it definitely blends in with its surroundings in dark places. It's virtually invisible on my nightstand while my silver iPhones always stuck out a little more.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Color doesn't equal sex. I like white, gold, black phones. I don't care if people think it is a girl color or not... especially since it is my $ not theirs :D.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Heck no! I don't think the white phone is only for girls or girly.
I always go for the newest color phone. So last year as a male, I had the rose gold
This year I have the black phone

Kevin Webb2

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
They really do look good with the white face, especially in pictures. I used a white iPhone 6 plus for a few years. Ultimately I ended up going with the black bezel as it doesn't distract me when I'm watching video.

thatiPhoneUser34

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I recently left my matte black iohone 7 for Jet Black iPhone 7 plus only because they didnt have any matte in stock. But cant decide if i should stay with my jet black or go silver

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I used to use white faced iPhones all the time. Just seemed that the dust that collects between the case and the phone is almost impossible to see on white faced phones. But, I couldn't pass up the matte black 7 Plus.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77