As a male, am I the only one who likes the white faced iPhones?

brian_84

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I don't think the white is effeminate at all, I just think the black looks classier. It's not the case with Apple's handsets but other manufacturer's phones in white can look kind of cheap.

Zorachus

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Never understood this idea that a color of a cellphone, makes you less manly or more of a man or woman, or whatever the hell that even means ? You like black gadgets, or white gadgets, who cares, get whichever you think you'd like more. The color of a gadget is meaningless as to what it says about you.

I'll just say this, some of the toughest baddest people on this planet are the NASA Astronauts, their rockets, the Space Shuttle, and suits they walked the moon on were all white. So think of your white silver iPhone as a NASA gadget you got in the astronaut program.

Look at the new Star Trek movies, the theme of the Enterprise is white. The exterior of the spaceship, and the interior is mainly a whitish theme. I'd say it looks pretty cool.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I also prefer black because I think more cases match the black. As you can tell, I'm a woman, and I must accessorize! Plus, I had the white 4S and a white 5S and got bored of looking at them. Had a black faced Nexus 6P, a silver S7E and every color of the Note7 but eventually liked the black the best.

If Apple ever chromed out their iPhone I would be on it in a hot minute.

garrett96

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If you choose black over white simply bc you're afraid white is too "girly" then you need to do some soul searching. It's not that deep. Get what you like. It's sad that it's still viewed as a negative or weak thing if you display any feminine qualities or if someone is scared of looking feminine. You want a white iPhone? Get one.

I've had a white iPhone since the 3GS, but I wanted to shake things up when 7 came out and got a black one. It's all just a preference.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've owned every model of iPhone since the 4 came out and my current 7 Plus is my first with a black faceplate. I wouldn't call myself any more or less of a man just because I owned iPhone with white faceplates. That being said, I love the way the black faceplate blends in with the display.

They both look great. Don't worry so much about the color of the faceplate. Nobody is actually judging you.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That wasn't directed at you, lol. Sorry if it came across, I see alot of people on forums worrying about silly stuff, especially phones, but apologies if it looked like I was attacking you.

Oh I'm good. I didn't think it was directly towards me but the general consensus of people think I need reassuring. I was just simply asking if any other men prefer white gadgets. I guess I struck some nerves with a few folks. Lol

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
This is more of a discussion. I hope it doesn't get out of hand.

I got myself the matte black 7Plus around launch. Have been using it daily and love it, however I have seeming to be miss the white/silver combo I have used since the 4s. I don't know what it is, but I love the white faces iPhone. Am I the only guy who does? I say male because I see and know a lot of females whether they be family, friends, or just random walkers I see with the white faced iPhones.

So I went and did what any rational person would do and picked up a white/silver 7Plus and gave my black 7 plus to my mother.

I almost always go for white phones because most people want black. I like to be different.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Oh I'm good. I didn't think it was directly towards me but the general consensus of people think I need reassuring. I was just simply asking if any other men prefer white gadgets. I guess I struck some nerves with a few folks. Lol

Like others, I think there's nothing wrong with either color. I switch between black and white every year.

That being said...maybe you should change the title of the thread to a question asking if other men like white faced phones. The title starts with "As a male..." so I understand how folks thought you wanted reassurance. It could be interpreted as males shouldn't like white phones. That's what I thought the thread was about until I read your post.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I would Never judge anyone because of their colour preference however I am just drawn to the black colors be it phones or clothes (only My take)

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I do prefer black screens, sensors are less visible, also whenever possible I set my apps to dark themes as dark colors reduces eye strain.
I will also say it clear, white phones, especially combined with pink or even gold colors look quite girlish to me.

niharikasarma

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
As a girl, all of my friends have the the rose gold iPhones with a white front. I'm the only one that went with space grey and a black front. I definitely think it looks more professional, which is why I bought it.

kirankannan8

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
This is more of a discussion. I hope it doesn't get out of hand.

I got myself the matte black 7Plus around launch. Have been using it daily and love it, however I have seeming to be miss the white/silver combo I have used since the 4s. I don't know what it is, but I love the white faces iPhone. Am I the only guy who does? I say male because I see and know a lot of females whether they be family, friends, or just random walkers I see with the white faced iPhones.

So I went and did what any rational person would do and picked up a white/silver 7Plus and gave my black 7 plus to my mother.

I own an iPhone 6s in Rose gold! It's nothing to be ashamed of! I love the colour :)

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Agreed, get the phone that you like. If you have to worry about if it makes you look effeminate or not masculine, then it's time to grow up. I know a lot of guys with white facing phones, that's the last thing on their minds. I personally always get black facing since they look a bit more sleek,i got a white s3 once, for a change of color, and always had regretted it. The white does look good I think, but I personally prefer the black for myself.

I agree completely. And I also prefer the black front too, because it 'disappears' when watching video. The white framing stands out more and I find it a little distracting. We like what we like and life is too short to worry about what others think.

maha_wasim

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Everything depends on priorities. If someone is interested in features, gadgets and all that stuff inside the phone then he would be least interested in the outer face but definately choose the one that reflects his personality. However, many people believe that black and golden color are usually chosen by most of males rather than white. Anyways, You are free to have your favorite color phone, don't worry!
The color of the phones can never be specific to either male or female. Its only the taste of choice. So chillout and enjoy complete freedom of whatsoever color you wanna choose :)

dexterouz

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I love black and white. It depends, after using gold for a year I want to use black again but sometimes loves white. I wish Apple could bring pure white frosted metal back :D

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Colour is colour. Would not make a difference to me black, white, rose gold, whatever. I always went with black because I liked the look of it. Was thinking of going gold with my 7 Plus for a change, then POW Apple introduces the Jet Black. My adult boys have always liked the white face. There is nothing male or female about it. Get what you like.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2