Upgrading to the iPhone 8 / plus or the X???

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I used my Rose Gold 6s 64GB as a trade-in tonight and bought myself the Gold 8 Plus 256GB. So far I'm loving it! Gonna have to get use to no headphone jack, and the Home button is not as depressed in on the 8 like it is on the 6s, so it's kind of hard to tell if my fingertip is actually on the button or not.

The gold 8 color does not look gold to me. It looks kind of like a pastel pink gold with a very light cream color on the back. It's quite stunning.

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I used my Rose Gold 6s 64GB as a trade-in tonight and bought myself the Gold 8 Plus 256GB. So far I'm loving it! Gonna have to get use to no headphone jack, and the Home button is not as depressed in on the 8 like it is on the 6s, so it's kind of hard to tell if my fingertip is actually on the button or not.

The gold 8 color does not look gold to me. It looks kind of like a pastel pink gold with a very light cream color on the back. It's quite stunning.

Congrats on your new phone! Please do share the experience. Performance wise and also if there is any significant difference in display quality compared to 6s.

I am still on the fence whether I should upgrade, although honestly it's a matter of "want" and not "need". My 6s I'd perfect to work another year.

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
I am sticking with my 6s, as the upgrade to 8 is mainly camera. And I would lose the headphone jack. I am not ready to lose that. My phone works well. It does blank out for about 30 seconds every now and then since it has been on iOS 11. That is annoying but maybe a full backup and reset would solve that. But I would lose the Microsoft wordflow keyboard that I like to use.

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I am sticking with my 6s, as the upgrade to 8 is mainly camera. And I would lose the headphone jack. I am not ready to lose that. My phone works well. It does blank out for about 30 seconds every now and then since it has been on iOS 11. That is annoying but maybe a full backup and reset would solve that. But I would lose the Microsoft wordflow keyboard that I like to use.

Nah.. I dnt think a reset would do any good. Ios 11 is just plain buggy and annoying. Frame drops / battery drain / general performance dip is only because of ios11. Wait for the 11.1 update. If it doesn't work for you even then, you should go ahead and do that reset. I suggest Hold off till then.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I still love my iPhone 6s and have an iPhone 7 that I got in May as well. I've switched off between the two a bit recently, but the 6s is definitely still my main phone. I saw the 8 and 8 Plus at the Apple Store near me a few weeks back but am just not feeling the glass back. That's so 2011 to me. The gold one is pretty, though (although I swear, it looks more rose gold to these eyes).

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I still love my iPhone 6s and have an iPhone 7 that I got in May as well. I've switched off between the two a bit recently, but the 6s is definitely still my main phone. I saw the 8 and 8 Plus at the Apple Store near me a few weeks back but am just not feeling the glass back. That's so 2011 to me. The gold one is pretty, though (although I swear, it looks more rose gold to these eyes).

Any particular reason you are still using 6s as ur daily driver even after having a 7?

I finally have decided to hold off on an upgrade this year. So 2018 iphone it is. I hope they update the design of the regular iphones ( not X2 / XI or whatever they will call it)
The 6s still holds its own in 2017. Plus the smart battery case makes it give me a grt battery life. I get close to 8-9hrs SOT with overall life of around 15 hrs.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Any particular reason you are still using 6s as ur daily driver even after having a 7?

I finally have decided to hold off on an upgrade this year. So 2018 iphone it is. I hope they update the design of the regular iphones ( not X2 / XI or whatever they will call it)
The 6s still holds its own in 2017. Plus the smart battery case makes it give me a grt battery life. I get close to 8-9hrs SOT with overall life of around 15 hrs.

I can't really explain it, but it just feels like the 6s fits me best. Everything I need is right on that thing. I got the 256GB 7 just so that I could have all my music on it like I have on my 160GB iPod classic. At some point, I'll probably switch to making the 7 my daily driver, but I just can't seem to stop giving my 6s that role. And, silly as it may sound, part of it is probably also the color difference. My 6s is rose gold and the 7 is matte black. I should have bought a rose gold 7. LOL

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I can't really explain it, but it just feels like the 6s fits me best. Everything I need is right on that thing. I got the 256GB 7 just so that I could have all my music on it like I have on my 160GB iPod classic. At some point, I'll probably switch to making the 7 my daily driver, but I just can't seem to stop giving my 6s that role. And, silly as it may sound, part of it is probably also the color difference. My 6s is rose gold and the 7 is matte black. I should have bought a rose gold 7. LOL

Haha. I can understand. If the colour is what's holding you back, you can always go for a rose gold dbrand skin or any other for that matter.

Anyway 6s is still awesome. I know I am whining but the battery is crappy though.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Haha. I can understand. If the colour is what's holding you back, you can always go for a rose gold dbrand skin or any other for that matter.

Anyway 6s is still awesome. I know I am whining but the battery is crappy though.

Thanks for the tip! I did actually search for the dbrand skin, but they don't have rose gold as an option. Oh, well. As for my 6s' battery, mine isn't too bad (except for when I play Pokemon Go, lol). My 6s was eligible for the battery replacement program even though I never noticed any inordinate battery drainage other than a single odd day. I got the battery replaced back in February, so it was almost like getting a brand new phone. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2