How do I take my phone off of mute?

I

iMore Question

How do I take phone off of mute

My phone is some how on mute! I turn the volume all the way up but when I get a text or call it just vibrates! When in games I don't have sound, in live pictures it no longer makes any sounds! I don't know how to fix it! My volume is all the way up on everything. In settings it says sound is on but it's not. I was trying to put a phone case on my phone and some how put my phone on mute I don't know what I did & I can't fix it! I have a iPhone 6s

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How do I take phone off of mute

Welcome to iMore! Try the ring/silent switch.
6575ebb6dd6b4d5b0cd0bd8ad2ae5b54.jpg

Also check volume in Settings >Sounds, and pull the control center up and turn volume up there.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do I take phone off of mute

Yeah it sounds like the toggle switch is flipped in the wrong direction. My wife's old boss had the same thing happen to him and was dumbfounded.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Coming from Android for years, at first I was clueless about the switch. The 1st day I had the phone, I tried to turn off the sound and couldn't figure out why the volume would get stuck at 1 until my daughter tipped me off to the switch and what it did.

So don't feel bad :p

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
One day my keyboard stopped making the clicking sound when I would type. Drove me crazy, I checked every setting, rebooted the phone, even did a factory reset. Then I realized it was the mute button. LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2