Shipping question

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning to order the 6s Saturday morning as soon as orders go live. My concern is that the devices aren't being released until the 25th. I'm moving at the end of the month so the last day I'll be able to get deliveries at my current address will be the 29th. Has anyone ever had to change a delivery address for an iPhone before? If I get my pre-order in fast enough I should be fine but what if my delivery date ends up being a couple weeks out?

I really don't want to wait until after I've moved to order. By then they could be back ordered for weeks😭 but I don't want my phone lost either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning to order the 6s Saturday morning as soon as orders go live. My concern is that the devices aren't being released until the 25th. I'm moving at the end of the month so the last day I'll be able to get deliveries at my current address will be the 29th. Has anyone ever had to change a delivery address for an iPhone before? If I get my pre-order in fast enough I should be fine but what if my delivery date ends up being a couple weeks out?

I really don't want to wait until after I've moved to order. By then they could be back ordered for weeks�� but I don't want my phone lost either.

You can have it shipped anywhere... but the catch is that it must be shipped to your credit card's billing address. Change your CC billing address to a friend/family's address and then use that address.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
UPS will also make exceptions sometimes...this happened when I ordered an iPhone for my mom, but accidentally set my address as the delivery address. Had to change it after the fact via UPS.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
In something a little unrelated, I wonder why Apple is shipping the phone two Friday's from the event as opposed to the following Friday like it has been the past 3 iPhone seasons.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
The AT&T rep I spoke to said my order would be flagged and cancelled if I ship somewhere else. I'm either going to preorder with Best Buy and pick it up in store or just wait until after I move. I'm not sure Best Buy does preorders so well. Sometimes they don't get the preorder stock in.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Wow. That stinks. I have had both Verizon and Apple ship technology items (a phone and an iPad respectively) to my work address (which is not my billing address).

Good luck.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The AT&T rep I spoke to said my order would be flagged and cancelled if I ship somewhere else. I'm either going to preorder with Best Buy and pick it up in store or just wait until after I move. I'm not sure Best Buy does preorders so well. Sometimes they don't get the preorder stock in.

Why not just order through Apple?

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Why not just order through Apple?

I wasn't going to order until after I moved but when I got up this morning and saw Apple still had a ship date of 9/25 for the one I wanted I decided to order. It's the first time I've ordered from Apple instead of AT&T. I used the app and it couldn't have gone any smoother. I'll definitely order from Apple again next year!

BTW, if they gave me a delivery date of 9/25 do they usually stick pretty close to that? It should within a day or two after if not on the actual release date, right?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't going to order until after I moved but when I got up this morning and saw Apple still had a ship date of 9/25 for the one I wanted I decided to order. It's the first time I've ordered from Apple instead of AT&T. I used the app and it couldn't have gone any smoother. I'll definitely order from Apple again next year!

BTW, if they gave me a delivery date of 9/25 do they usually stick pretty close to that? It should within a day or two after if not on the actual release date, right?

Count on it! Apple has been really good with shipping dates. The phones will likely be at your closest FedEx distribution center for several days prior to delivery on the 25th.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77