Can you put Apple Care on a used 6S+

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
My first foray into Apple world. I am waiting for a used 6s+. Can I go to my local Apple Store and purchase Apple Care? Is so, any idea what it would cost to do so?

Thanks much.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wait...I am under the impression that AppleCare Plus is only purchased for new devices, but is transferable and still active for two years from the original sale date.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
It's 60 days

Unless you exchange your iPhone within that 60 days due to an issue or malfunction. Then you have to purchase applecare+ at that moment. I was annoyed with this when I had them exchange my iPhone 7 having connectivity issues as I was planning on purchasing AppleCare when I had the cash. But this year I am going without AppleCare, crossing my fingers now.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Unless you exchange your iPhone within that 60 days due to an issue or malfunction. Then you have to purchase applecare+ at that moment. I was annoyed with this when I had them exchange my iPhone 7 having connectivity issues as I was planning on purchasing AppleCare when I had the cash. But this year I am going without AppleCare, crossing my fingers now.

Depends if you went through Genius Bar or the retail side. For exchanges, retail side allows 30 days. Only 14 for refunds. I always say if your within the 30 days, always exchange through retail. That's assuming the phone was bought from Apple Store.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Depends if you went through Genius Bar or the retail side. For exchanges, retail side allows 30 days. Only 14 for refunds. I always say if your within the 30 days, always exchange through retail. That's assuming the phone was bought from Apple Store.

I was referring to me taking my iPhone 7 in after the 14 return period, but before the 60 day period to purchase AppleCare, and having them exchange it because of the LTE connectivity issue it had.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I was referring to me taking my iPhone 7 in after the 14 return period, but before the 60 day period to purchase AppleCare, and having them exchange it because of the LTE connectivity issue it had.

I know what you were referring to. But i was adding that if a phone was purchased from Apple and within 30 days, you can exchange through retail. 14 days is only for refunds only. Which means all dates are reset. Warranty and the 60 days to add on AC.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2