Repairment cost

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi, my homepod’s mini cable was chewed by my dog and it stopped working

Can anyone advise me whether i can repair it at apple service center ? And anyone know how much will it costs ?

My country doesn’t have official apple store, so I need to go to Singapore or Canada to get it fix (if it’s fixable and worth it with the service cost)

Thx

IMG_1290.jpg

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt they would even look at the cable since it would absolutely cost more to repair than replace (especially a braided cable). You will definitely be better off just purchasing a replacement.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Maybe I’m not clear enough. The homepod mini won’t turn on now. And The cable is not detachable from the homepod mini unit. So it make sense for me to refer the repairment for the dead homepod mini right ? (As to replace the damaged cable)

I thought at least some also the same accident “cable chewed by dogs”, but it seems like no one has the same experience

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Can anyone advise me whether i can repair it at apple service center ? And anyone know how much will it costs ?

My country doesn’t have official apple store, so I need to go to Singapore or Canada to get it fix (if it’s fixable and worth it with the service cost)

Thx

View attachment 132648

Probably should contact the apple service center.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
For clarification purposes I just took this photo of my HomePod Mini:

9a4c4b6b50b96ab82ab2186146064e75.jpg

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Thx

View attachment 132648
I would suggest you contact Apple first for your options.

They might have a repair option that does not involve travelling across international borders :)

Reactions: Annie_M

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I would suggest you contact Apple first for your options.

They might have a repair option that does not involve travelling across international borders :)

Done that, and they can’t give me any solution because the unit was not sold in indonesia, the only way is to bring unit directly to the countries that has applestore. Even i want to ship my unit, is not workable

• Sad
Reactions: EdwinG

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77