Muffing Sound???

2015Girl

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi.
I have this on my phone.
8861eca1f4c5962e21983033eae9f35c_thumb.jpg

Nobody can hear me though. I hate not to use it cuz it was a gift from my mom. What should I do??

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
That's a Lifeproof I take it?.. I have to talk a little louder on mine, but it's not bad.. I'll use Bluetooth for quiet/long calls

ReVu30

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
If the store return window is still open, ask your Mom to take it back or do an exchange to see if you get a better one. Otherwise, contact Lifeproof to receive a Warranty Replacement.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I had that problem for a bit as well. I fixed it by taking the case back off and using my finger to gently press down on the gasket around where the microphone is. Just press gently. You dont need to feel anything move or click. Just give it a couple presses, then when you put the phone back in put it in bottom first and rotate the top in and make sure the case is pressed tightly together. That fixed the muffled sound issue for me.

IF you notice buzzing sounds coming from the speaker, take the case off and put a small piece of folded paper between the back of the phone and the case. This will stop the buzzing. It does not need to stay there forever, just until it helps keep the case slightly pushed out from the back. The buzzing comes from the back vibrating and rattling against the back of the phone.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lifeproof N??d that does the same thing. Not great for talking. Great for everything else.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. Lifeproof Fre, used it for 14 days and couldn't take the muffled sound. I returned it. It's a great case for the protection but unfortunately sound quality takes a huge hit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2