I'm looking forward to hoping that the speed of TouchID is as quick in 9.3 as it was on 9.0. Amiright?
    I'm on developer beta 4 and it's faster for me. I'm seeing a big improvement.
    drummerjb likes this.
    02-23-2016 11:39 AM
    I'm on developer beta 4 and it's faster for me. I'm seeing a big improvement.
    Really? My 6s Plus Touch ID is already wicked fast on iOS 9.2.1....any faster would be incredible.
    02-23-2016 12:13 PM
    Ledsteplin, you seem to be correct in your assessment. I check my phone pretty often by pushing the home button (not fingerprinted finger), to check the time and after five times it asked for a lock code. I tried this test using the power button about ten times and it didn't ask for a code, so that could have been my problem all along. I guess I'll start checking the time with the power button.
    Thanks for testing the power button. Now I don't need to! I thought that might work.
    02-23-2016 03:36 PM
    Thanks for testing the power button. Now I don't need to! I thought that might work.
    Good to know if it's true! I'll try to test it soon and report back
    02-23-2016 08:36 PM
    I've had the same issue with my 6s+ since day 1. The fingerprint would only work about 50% of the time. Then this weekend my phone slipped out of my hand...fell about 4 feet to the ground...and the screen shattered. After I wiped away the tears I went to the apple store and they replaced the screen there in the store in about an hour. I mentioned my issue with the fingerprint scanner while I was there and the rep said that this should be resolved because replacing the screen includes replacing the screen that goes across the fingerprint scanner. When I got my phone back from repair the fingerprint scanner began magically working 100% of the time.
    02-23-2016 08:59 PM
    I am noticing one too, after upgrading to PB4 today. Thanks for the feedback!
    02-24-2016 12:40 AM
    I've had the same issue with my 6s+ since day 1. The fingerprint would only work about 50% of the time. Then this weekend my phone slipped out of my hand...fell about 4 feet to the ground...and the screen shattered. After I wiped away the tears I went to the apple store and they replaced the screen there in the store in about an hour. I mentioned my issue with the fingerprint scanner while I was there and the rep said that this should be resolved because replacing the screen includes replacing the screen that goes across the fingerprint scanner. When I got my phone back from repair the fingerprint scanner began magically working 100% of the time.
    Did you have to scan your fingers again when you got it back? I'm wondering because I know mine has been intermittent depending on how I register the fingerprints to begin with.
    02-24-2016 05:42 AM
    Today there has been a few times when I've gone to unlock the phone and it asks me for the unlock code and not taking my fingerprint. After I unlock with the code I can then use the fingerprint, like you have to do after turning the phone completely off but the thing is I haven't turned my phone off at all today. Has anyone else had this problem and do you think I need to do a factory reset? I've only had the phone ten days and haven't had any problems until today.
    I've had the same issue with this. Nothing wrong with the speed of the touch ID. Super fast when it works. But no real rhyme or reason behind it asking for the code. Have to pay attention and see if it is actually the amount of times checking lock screen.
    02-24-2016 09:33 AM
    Hmm never happened to me. Touch ID works 99% of the time.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-24-2016 10:46 AM
    Hmm never happened to me. Touch ID works 99% of the time.
    Exactly 🏾️this
    TripleOne likes this.
    02-24-2016 10:47 AM
    Exactly 🏾️this
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-24-2016 10:48 AM
    No I didn't. It just started working perfectly right away. Something had to be wrong with the original screen I guess.
    02-24-2016 12:41 PM
    No I didn't. It just started working perfectly right away. Something had to be wrong with the original screen I guess.
    Cool thanks for the follow up!
    02-24-2016 12:46 PM
    I thought it was me but have been having problems on my Air 2 and my 6s plus with slow or no finger print recognition.
    02-24-2016 01:26 PM
    This (fingerprint suddenly stops working for no apparent reason), was an issue for me in 9.1 but not since the 9.2 update.

Since then it works as advertised, but be aware that "as advertised" actually means that it only works about 80% of the time. One of the drawbacks to how accurate it is, is that the fingerprint sensor will only accept "perfect" input. That means dry, clean fingers in a perfectly balanced (humidity wise) environment.

Even the teeny-tiniest amount of sweat on the button or on your finger will cause it to fail completely.

So, since fingers are generally covered with sweat and since most environs tend to the warm side, it only works "most of the time." You should expect to have to clean the button off about five or six times a day. A lot of people carry a special cloth for the purpose, or you can use your sleeve.
    02-24-2016 02:08 PM
    I kinda doubt that it now works "100% of the time" I've worked on a lot of iPhones for a lot of people and I've never seen one work "100% of the time."
    02-24-2016 02:10 PM
    Since then it works as advertised, but be aware that "as advertised" actually means that it only works about 80% of the time. One of the drawbacks to how accurate it is, is that the fingerprint sensor will only accept "perfect" input. That means dry, clean fingers in a perfectly balanced (humidity wise) environment.
    I have the most issues with Touch ID when my fingers are coated with Cool Ranch Doritos dust
    02-24-2016 07:02 PM
    This seems similar to me - it's was fine at start , not too fast but then over time ceased to work despite various factory resets and cleaning on 6s
    Now if it works at all it's very slow
    Apple keeps saying wait for the next update but still it goes on
    Been told it's not a hardware issue
    Wonky-ish sums it up
    02-25-2016 06:55 AM
    02-25-2016 07:45 AM
    Mine slowed down with 9.3 Beta 3 if the phone was off for more than 30 seconds, but it's back to normal with Beta 4.
    02-25-2016 11:55 AM
    Not so much with my primary finger, but after a period of time the secondary finger will NOT be accepted. Let's say I use my left thumb for the primary fingerprint. I'm right handed. If for whatever reason I try to use the right thumb, it will not accept it and open the phone. So I delete the right thumbprint and register it all over again. All is well for awhile and then it's back to not recognizing the right thumb. Absolutely baffling and annoying. Time and again, so it's not like it's a fluke or dependent on which update iOS has at the moment.
    02-25-2016 03:16 PM
    Not so much with my primary finger, but after a period of time the secondary finger will NOT be accepted. Let's say I use my left thumb for the primary fingerprint. I'm right handed. If for whatever reason I try to use the right thumb, it will not accept it and open the phone. So I delete the right thumbprint and register it all over again. All is well for awhile and then it's back to not recognizing the right thumb. Absolutely baffling and annoying. Time and again, so it's not like it's a fluke or dependent on which update iOS has at the moment.
    I just tested this theory as I tend to just use my right thumb to activate Touch ID. My secondary finger(s), all activate the Touch ID on my 6s Plus with precision and speed just like my right thumb.

May I suggest washing your hands throughly paying special attention to your finger tips (let dry), before setting up your Touch ID.
    02-25-2016 04:09 PM
    Yes, when I had a cut on my finger. . I have since added two more different fingerprints.
    02-25-2016 05:15 PM
    I've noticed that when my fingers get real dry, like after handling some boxes, my chances increase to have my fingerprinted not recognized.

I've also heard that fingerprints get worn with age. Apparently that starts to happen in the 50's.
    02-25-2016 05:47 PM
    I generally only have this problem when my thumb is wet or damp. Happened to me a few days ago. I was out in the rain and went into a store and couldn't unlock my phone with Touch ID. Twice, I had to enter my passcode. It was a pain because I already had packages to carry.
    02-25-2016 06:44 PM
66 123