First Week with 6S+ Impressions

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

The Touch ID thing you mentioned is app dependent. I have several apps (Lastpass, Dropbox, and my credit union) that allow use of the Touch ID sensor for authentication.

Enjoy your 6s+!

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm also on my first week. Definitely not too much different than my 6+ but i still like it. I'm actually a lot happier with the Touch ID on this phone. My last one it was hit or miss sometimes and this one unlocks before I can take my finger off the button, I haven't had one failure. Also I went from silver to the space gray which quite honestly I've never been picky about the color of my phone but I think I am leaning towards the silver in preference. Only because it showed fingerprints way less. Aesthetically I like the space gray better. I'm still not really used to the 3D Touch but I'm working on it.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm a week into my 6s plus as well. Converted from my Note 5. Naturally, there are major differences but the 6s plus gets much better battery life. iOS manages apps better which I attribute to the extended batt life I'm noticing.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm a week into my 6s plus as well. Converted from my Note 5. Naturally, there are major differences but the 6s plus gets much better battery life. iOS manages apps better which I attribute to the extended batt life I'm noticing.

I'm getting ready to convert to the 6s Plus from a Note 5. I'm ready for some all day battery with tons left to spare. I can usually get by on the Note 5, but I have killed it some days (especially Sundays when I'm frantically checking football scores and stats).

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
A recent convert from Android as well, and yeah I can't believe the battery on this 6s Plus. I've been doing a bit of gaming on it and while the games (minion rush in particular) are really good at sucking down the battery juice, I still end up going 14-16 hours between charges. I'll plug it in to charge to 100% around 10pm, then take it to bed (not on charger) and not charge until the same time the next day. Last night was the lowest I've been, about 25% left.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting ready to convert to the 6s Plus from a Note 5. I'm ready for some all day battery with tons left to spare. I can usually get by on the Note 5, but I have killed it some days (especially Sundays when I'm frantically checking football scores and stats).

Ha I do the same thing on Sunday's. I still love my Note 5 but there is no denying the battery efficiency on the 6s plus. I did get a day out of the Note. The 6s plus just gives you more. I have the exact same apps on my IPhone as I did with the Note so how I use my device and usage are relatively the same. Here's a shot of today's usage before I charge up

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1447196696.974799.jpg

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Ha I do the same thing on Sunday's. I still love my Note 5 but there is no denying the battery efficiency on the 6s plus. I did get a day out of the Note. The 6s plus just gives you more. I have the exact same apps on my IPhone as I did with the Note so how I use my device and usage are relatively the same. Here's a shot of today's usage before I charge up

View attachment 97994
Yeah, battery is one big thing for me. I hate having that sinking feeling that my phone is going to die. I want to abuse it a bit and still not worry about it.

anon(9715747)

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm on day 6 with my space grey 6s plus. Switched from a nexus 5. Overall it has been quite positive. Battery life has been amazing Touch ID is awesome and while I wish it was it had a higher resolution screen 1080p on 5.5 inches is adequate. I also wish that there was more granular control for sound notification for third party apps. Last but not least it is way too slippery. Hopefully Dbrand will help with that

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Previous android user, new to iphone for a few weeks, 6s plus as I like large screens. Trying hard to like the ios device, have ipad, retina screen 27 imac (2nd imac) so like apple products. Integration with ipad and mac is fine, of course had to turn auto synch off so it doesnt delete all my non itunes ringtones videos and tunes. Screen is ok but side by side with my old nexus 6 to me nexus is better. For the price at this point nexus is better value to me, apps more plentiful in android and certainly cheaper, not willing to invest a lot on apps with ios as I may not be on it for a year. should have tried the 6p nexus I suspect but the screen size drop from the nex 6 turned me off. Will keep plugging away for a while but to me IOS is MEH

iOS has a lot more apps than Android. And much better apps. Android is MEH! LOL

dkeven

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Actually no 1.6 million android apps vs 1.5 million iOS and ratio of free to paid is better than 4 to 1 in androids favor. So you are wrong according to latest statistics. I am still sticking with 6s plus due to great battery life but aside from that see nothing else that stands out. So for me that's MEH sorry if you can't handle another's opinion

virtualkyr

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I got my 6S+ Monday, so I'm on day 4 and really digging it for the most part.

I'm upgrading from an iPhone 5 because I'm amazed at how much I use it for these days (Email, Media, Surfing, Games) and I really wanted the larger screen for these reasons. Suffice to say, the screen is amazing and when I compare the 5 and 6S+ it's like night and day.

Overall I've found the new phone to be responsive, but there is still some lag and bugs it seems and that's something I just do not recall ever experiencing before when I first got my 2.5 years ago. The biggest issue seems to be around screen orientation going from landscape to portrait or vice versa. Sometimes it just doesn't pick it up.

I got the 64GB version which should be a nice size upgrade from the 16GB I did have.

Final conclusion is, I'm glad I did it, and I hope this phone lasts me 3-4 years.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
10th day of ownership here.

Same profile that was quite stable with my iPhone 6 was restored to the new phone along with file, app and settings cleanup. I've been surprised to have it reset a few times.

Battery life is not too much more than my 6, and charge time clearly slower. If those are negatives, positives would be speed, improved finger print reader, and liking some aspects of the larger screen and move to white surround.

The weight bothers me a bit. That's silly when I look up past phones I've carried for years, but the 6 is very light for what it does.

If I am on bluetooth in the car, get another call, do the cancel and accept it always switches from car speaker and mic to the phone. My iPhone 6 did not do that. I still have the 6, and settings are identical.

I do see I have the Samsung processor and wonder if that's why it's not as superior to the iPhone 6's battery life as expected. It's kind of a bummer to have the obviously longer charge time and not much more use time for it.

Ultimately it will get down to size and weight. I'll try camera and video today to see if that's more reason to keep it.

One more on criticism. I'm an IT director and neck deep in technology. If some aspects aren't so great, this phone and platform is still better than the BYOD Android wilderness in my life.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Actually no 1.6 million android apps vs 1.5 million iOS and ratio of free to paid is better than 4 to 1 in androids favor. So you are wrong according to latest statistics. I am still sticking with 6s plus due to great battery life but aside from that see nothing else that stands out. So for me that's MEH sorry if you can't handle another's opinion

I referred to decent apps. I have seen very few really good Android apps. That is compared to the same apps in iOS. They're just better on an iPhone. IMO!

Chino32

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site

i'm in the same boat. love my Note 5 but bluetooth issues are killing it for me. picked up the apple watch for my work 6s...now in 2 weeks i will be ordering the 6s plus for myself and going back to droid for work..i like that iPhones just work and the battery life is damn good on the 6s so i know the plus must be even better. will post my impressions when i get it..now just debating on 64 or 128

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2