Good to know your phone is ok after that fall... I have a screen protector and a spigen neo hybrid case just in case... Thanks for the story!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    10-19-2015 03:12 PM
    Please school me on these screen protectors folks?

Does use of these tempered glass ones inhibit ANY function whatsoever on the device? (such as touch sensitivity, 3D Touch, swiping, etc)
    Are some of them "thicker" than others which may effect what I asked above?
    Do any of them prevent use of ANY type of case as well, or do they JUST cover the glass portion edge to edge?
    And lastly (which Im sure is opinionated) Which are the absolute BEST BRANDS of them to use on the 6s Plus? (Price is NOT an issue for me!)

Many thanks in advance and I look forward to getting one on my FIRST iPhone in approximately 7 years!
    11-04-2015 07:56 PM
    I always use one for my phone.
    11-04-2015 09:27 PM
    I would never use my phone without a protector. Cheap peace of mind.
    11-04-2015 11:43 PM
    I currently only have my Otterbox Commuter on my 6s Plus. No screen protector. I may get one, but I can't find my round tuit. I'm not too concerned though. Never dropped an iPhone in 3 years. I'm retired and a homebody mostly on carpet. When I'm out and about, I'm very careful. That said, there's always a first time. Those not concerned about it have Applecare+. I don't have it. So I'll opt for a screen protector soon.
    11-05-2015 07:28 AM
    Mine fell face down off my lap in my Expedition onto the pavement. My screen totally cracked under my Zagg Glass Screen protector.
    11-07-2015 09:23 PM
    Not one that does extreme sports or anything but I do use a screen protector. Primary reason being I've been known to swap between iOS and Android so I like my devices in mint condition. I'm trying to buck that trend though (been on iOS since July 8) so I've scaled the case down to a SlickWrap and my PS Anti-Glare SP
    11-08-2015 06:09 AM
    I decided to forgo a screen protector this time around, and after a little over a month I have no scratches to speak of..(knocking on wood)
    11-08-2015 06:42 AM
    Nope haven't in a while don't like the feel with them ... As my name says I'm Danger haha
    11-08-2015 06:48 AM
    Always have. Never had to find out if it works or not. I think it is partly for peace of mind, but I would hope that they work likes the OP's tale.
    11-13-2015 07:26 AM
    Did you say UNDER your screen protector? As in your actual IPhone screen?
    11-14-2015 12:33 AM
    Had the Zagg glass on my iPhone 6. problem was that the screen cracked about 4 or 5 times in the year that I had it. And I never dropped the phone once. Had to pay the installation fee to have it replaced each time. Probably spent close to the cost of a new screen with all of these costs.

So now I'm without a screen protector, although I'm looking for something thin and one that is glass to put on my 6S.
    11-15-2015 06:29 PM
    I spend $6 on Amazon for Anker glass. A single little scratch would annoy the sheet out of me. A glass screen protector feels like there is no screen protector on it. It feels original. To me, it's all about peace of mind.
    11-15-2015 07:31 PM
    I'd have definitely said "absolutely no" to this, *before* I got a 6 plus - Speaking from experience it does not take a large drop onto an unforgiving surface to shatter the screen corners.

Having had every single iPhone since launch day I have always shunned casings and had the odd mishap which was never a problem (the original iPhone was hewn from a block of solid granite and just painted silver). For the phat, fat 6 plus I have had to relent and go with a tempered glass screen protector and a spigen slimline case.
    11-16-2015 11:21 AM
    I think it's always a safe idea to have a screen protector on your phone
    11-18-2015 02:57 PM
    Screen protectors are great for scratches and scuffs. But overated for drops. A decent protective case like an Otterbox works best. IMO!
    11-19-2015 12:00 AM
    Screen protectors are great for scratches and scuffs. But overated for drops. A decent protective case like an Otterbox works best. IMO!
    Too bulky! I like the Apple case, plus AppleCare+ if I need it

Screen protectors started becoming a norm with me .... iPhone 4 was ok without but the 5 got a scratch within the first two weeks while in my pocket with nothing else in there. Small and near the edge, but something I saw each time on my brand new phone. Put a protector on it and it disappeared, so now I always use one. I prefer the clear HD versions that are barely noticable.
    11-19-2015 05:47 AM
    Too bulky! I like the Apple case, plus AppleCare+ if I need it

Screen protectors started becoming a norm with me .... iPhone 4 was ok without but the 5 got a scratch within the first two weeks while in my pocket with nothing else in there. Small and near the edge, but something I saw each time on my brand new phone. Put a protector on it and it disappeared, so now I always use one. I prefer the clear HD versions that are barely noticable.
    They're not as bulky as you think. When did you use an Otterbox last?
    11-19-2015 06:53 AM
    They're not as bulky as you think. When did you use an Otterbox last?
    Actually, the Otterbox Defender almost doubles the thickness of my iPhone 6. So yeah,....

Buying a 6s next week and plan on getting a Spigen Tough Armor case and the InnnerExile self-healing glass screen protector.
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-19-2015 08:02 AM
    Hm... I use a protector even for the back.
    It's almost imperceptible and protects from scratches well
    11-24-2015 05:13 AM
    Use to always use a glass screen protector.. Had a privacy glass on it, then I had to take it off when I got my olloclip lens.. Unfortunately I now have scratches on my screen .. Kept it in my pocket solo and was gentle with it.. Thought the screen was supposed to be super strong "strongest ever" they claim. Now I gotta use 1 of my apple claims
    02-11-2016 10:21 PM
    I used to put screen protectors on my iPhones before the 6 models. With the way the glass curves around the edges, I've never found a screen protector that fits right on the 6 iphones.
    02-11-2016 10:26 PM
    I have 20 spare glass screen protectors(got them all for 8 bucks), I stopped using them last week and now I have tons of hairline scratches that you can't see too well. Oh well, It's just a screen I say at the end of the day.
    02-11-2016 11:06 PM
    I always have one on mine. I am very careful with my devices since I sell them every year to upgrade.
    mumfoau likes this.
    02-11-2016 11:24 PM
    I was all about screen protectors but they get all dusty and less attractive than a few invisible scratches.

As far as shatters, I just protect the corner and have AppleCare. Good enough for me.
    02-19-2016 07:03 PM
62 123